Diatone PDB

MrBill

I'm learning to fly with a DJI Phantom 1. At the same time, I'm attempting to build a Mini 250. I've purchased a Diatone PDB, v2.1, but am having some trouble understanding how to use it. First, is it meant to replace the bottom, or middle, plate on the 250? Most photos I have seen show it replacing the middle plate, but the LEDs that are included seem like they should be on the bottom so they can be seen. Secondly, the PDB comes with a packet of insulating washers. Are these meant to go between the arms and the PDB to prevent shorting? Are they needed anywhere else?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You'll need to post the specific products (the 250 quad model???) you're talking about so that we might be able to take a look and help out.

Most of the PDB's that I have seen for mini's replace the middle board. That's not to say you can't do it any way you want. There are some rules in building that you should follow but you can do whatever you like in the end as long as it works. I would keep the bottom plate because it adds strength and would help isolate the PDB from wet grass etc. Carbon fiber is conductive. You should take care that its properly separated from power sources. Even though its a PDB that replaces one of the plates I don't think the entire plate would be energized and need to be insulated from the rest of the craft. You can do continuity checks with your meter to make sure everything is right when your done soldering. You will find that a phantom and mini 250 are entirely different beasts with regards to how they fly.