Mikrokopter Currents on left side BL of an octo are lower then on right side

osiris

Hey guys,

I am still trying to get rid of wobbles on my cinestar 8 (using latest MK soft) and today I was looking at the log files from naviboard. I have noticed that the motors (BLc's) number 6 and 8 (left side) are constantly having lower currents and temperatures then motor number 3 which is opposite.

I have the copter balanced properly and was just wondering if this is normal? Any thoughts?

View attachment 4999View attachment 5000

(These are 2 different flights)

Attachments

• Ampers.jpg
    Ampers.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Temperatures.jpg
    Temperatures.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 253

ghaynes

Two things to check.

1. Did you carefully check the balance of the copter on the ground? A static balance check? If you are out of balance then the motors that are running harder are probably on the heavy side and vice versa. see https://sites.google.com/site/mkokto2/flight-control-sensors-and-calibration#TOC-Weight-and-Balance
2. On a calm day if you have wireless connection with an XBee or something similar you can see the balance in flight on the 3D screen. If you hover, if find using altitude hold helps, and the copter stays in one spot with minor drifting that the blue balance dot should be pretty much in the center.

Digitech

if your balancing is good then:
they always have differences , mostly because of the soldering done on the boards.
the better the soldering , the lower the temps

osiris

they always have differences , mostly because of the soldering done on the boards.
the better the soldering , the lower the temps

That is what I was thinking about as well...

Does anyone have similar setup so we can compare temperatures and currents?

I have Kopterworx 4 (KW4) motors, Zippy 8000mAh batteries, XOAR 14x4 props and MK stack. Using Deans plug. And all is on a Cinestar 8 frame.

jes1111

To identify/isolate any possible issues you really need to follow a "process of elimination". Your initial hypothesis is that it's a left/right issue - you need to test that by swapping ESCs and/or motors to other positions to see if the temperature condition follows that movement or remains in its original position.