Clarification for Ground Station Requirements

Pura Vida

OK, someone please educate me real quick. I have a P2 and am trying to figure out exactly what I need to make GS work on a PC. I thought I had it figured out but everything I'm seeing seems to specifically say for the iPad. Is it the same setup if I'm going to run it on a PC? If I understand correctly I need the CD, 2.4G data link, and BTU? Will I also need the Can-Hub? Pretty sure I don' t need the iOSD unless I decide to add an iPad later on? Am I thinking correctly? Do I need to find one specific to the P2 since they just released a version for the Phantom or is it a software/firmware update I can download? Thanks for the help.

PV

Zoochase

Same for PC, all you need is the CD and the data link. You do not "need" the BTU unless you are going to use the iPad. You do not need the hub either. Even if you have or add an iOSD mini, you do not need the hub, it has a port to link through.
The iOSD is for FPV. You do not need it for the iPad either.

Last edited by a moderator:

leor

OK, someone please educate me real quick. I have a P2 and am trying to figure out exactly what I need to make GS work on a PC. I thought I had it figured out but everything I'm seeing seems to specifically say for the iPad. Is it the same setup if I'm going to run it on a PC? If I understand correctly I need the CD, 2.4G data link, and BTU? Will I also need the Can-Hub? Pretty sure I don' t need the iOSD unless I decide to add an iPad later on? Am I thinking correctly? Do I need to find one specific to the P2 since they just released a version for the Phantom or is it a software/firmware update I can download? Thanks for the help.

PV
Si quiere le doy clases aqui en Costa Rica! Saludos.

You need to use the 2.4ghz datalink installed on the phantom from what I understand. Install ground station and connect the 2.4ghz datalink you need to have your copter turned on for it to be able to comunícate. You won't need the IOSD for anything.

Also you won't need the BTU if you are using the pc GS, simply connect the ground end to 2 usb ports and the BTU module is only needed if you use the IPAD GS. I actuallly grabbed it and put it on one of my spare CAN ports and I can use the Wookong assistant on the field, works just like Bluetooth led module.

Pura Vida

Thanks for all the info and getting me straightened out. Appreciate it. I'll get the data link and GS coming!

Leor, Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish. Picked up the saying while I was in Costa Rica for a month visiting my brother who was living down there at the time. Best vacation I've ever had! :) Figured it pretty much summed me up and I've been using the handle on all of my forums ever sense. We do have our daughter in a Spanish immersion school. Does that help...:)

PV