Cheers from Toronto, Canada!

jjspike

Good-day,

I have been lurking here for a few weeks and managed to collect enough information to go out and make my first Multi-Rotor purchase today. I secured an F550, Naza M V2, Futaba 8FG Super and all related accessories. I shopped around however I found that my LHS had fairly good pricing. It's nice to support local business as you will need a "quick fix" at one time or another. Over the past few weeks, I bookmarked a number of threads that will be of good use to me now and in the near future. Thanks to the MultiRotorForums.com staff and user community for providing such a great resource!

JJ

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hi JJ,

Welcome to the forum! Have you flown multi's before? I hadn't until just over a month or so ago. I picked up a Blade Nano QX BNF for under $70 and have been flying that around the house (still on crutches) and it really helps with understanding orientation and the flight controls. If you already know then you are ahead of the game!

Cheers,

Mike :)

jjspike

Hi Mike,

this is my first step into the multi world and so far, so good. I completed the assembly of my F550 yesterday and managed to get it flying indoors yesterday. The DJI manual was truly horrible and I had to resort to trial and error and common sense at certain times. Fortunately, these toys have been designed by current day engineering geeks and generally work very well - assuming the builder does not do anything crazy. The initial flight was slightly jerky/wobbly however this was most likely due to the fact that was overly cautious on the controls and did not allow it to get above 3 feet. I may have to adjust gains however that will be my next learning experience. You have followed the correct route and I am at risk of crashing an expensive piece of plastic! I hope my luck holds out!!

Cheers

JJ

Hi JJ,

Welcome to the forum! Have you flown multi's before? I hadn't until just over a month or so ago. I picked up a Blade Nano QX BNF for under $70 and have been flying that around the house (still on crutches) and it really helps with understanding orientation and the flight controls. If you already know then you are ahead of the game!

Cheers,

Mike :)

jjspike

Hi Shawn,

I purchased the F550 ARF kit and radio at AJ Hobbies in Concord. Other items such as add-on electronics and accessories were purchased online via a number of different vendors. My ultimate goal is to tap the Naza-M output and send it back to my smartphone along with other flight information via a 915MHz radio link. I have created an Android app utilizing the Google Maps API which will show the location of my hex and display other relevant information. The possibilities with this hobby are endless!!

Cheers!

JJ

Hey!

I'm also in the Toronto area and just built my first hex.
Which LHS did you use?

Cheers
Shawn

Greetings fellow Canadian. Hope it is a bit warmer there...... freezing here as usual..... something to do with global warming apparently!

Good-day,

I have been lurking here for a few weeks and managed to collect enough information to go out and make my first Multi-Rotor purchase today. I secured an F550, Naza M V2, Futaba 8FG Super and all related accessories. I shopped around however I found that my LHS had fairly good pricing. It's nice to support local business as you will need a "quick fix" at one time or another. Over the past few weeks, I bookmarked a number of threads that will be of good use to me now and in the near future. Thanks to the MultiRotorForums.com staff and user community for providing such a great resource!

JJ