Cheap LiPo's anyone?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Anyone have any success lately with an inexpensive LiPo brand? I need four 4S 5000 mah 20c packs for my Okto so I can get out and get some flying done now that I've got props on the way. The original plan was to buy 4 Thunder Power packs but that's $600. Need I say more?
I'm considering Turnigy or Blue Lipo
Thanks,
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Anyone have any success lately with an inexpensive LiPo brand? I need four 4S 5000 mah 20c packs for my Okto so I can get out and get some flying done now that I've got props on the way. The original plan was to buy 4 Thunder Power packs but that's $600. Need I say more?
I'm considering Turnigy or Blue Lipo
Thanks,
Bart

Turnigy work well and are probably the best bang for the buck. I started flying my Hexa using Hyperion packs which are great but at roughly $70 each for a 2S 5000 and I need 2 to fly, it gets expensive quickly. I recently bought some Turningy 2S 5000 packs and so far they work as well as the Hyperions for roughly 1/3 the price per battery. I also use the Turningys on the Hoverfly quad and my 350 MM scratch built, I've never had a problem with them and the ones I was using on the Gaui have a ridiculous number of cycles on them and no noticeable decline. Stay away from the Blue Lipo, they're Turnigy factory rejects I've heard, I haven't read much good about them.

Ken

Bartman

I hadn't heard that about the Blue packs but since I have three that arrived today for the quad I guess I'll find out first hand. I just bought four Turnigy packs for $128 shipped, which is a lot better than $600 until i can start to generate some income.
Thanks Ken,
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Take a look at Fightmax.. a mate of mine in to cars swears by them.. I ordering a set to try

Bartman

too late dave! but while we're speaking about battery packs, i just finished making a 3S out of the faulty 4S vislero pack that came with my Mikrokopter. I'm going to put it on a charger in a few minutes and if I don't come back right away, call the fire department. :D
bart