CC3D reset - USB port disabled

Roy Weidner

i have a Spektrum receiver and was trying to get the port for it working so I disabled what I thought was one of the receiver ports and enabled the other one. When I rebooted my USB port no longer works. I guess I misread the screen!! Since I can't communicated with the CC3D I can't change it back.

Is there a way to reset the CC3D to defaults? Or is there some way to gain access to it again to change it back.

Pls help

Roy

Hoki

YOUR PORT BROKE? I have a CC3d full size and atom size I'm not using. There's like 10 bucks anyway.

Hoki

At first I loved CC3d and I guess it's still prolly a really good choice if you like doing arobatic stuff and don't use headless mode at all but if you like headless mode I really recommend getting a skyline mini or acro version. they cost like 17 to 20 dollars and have a compass and headless mode is awesome! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

XNS

i have a Spektrum receiver and was trying to get the port for it working so I disabled what I thought was one of the receiver ports and enabled the other one. When I rebooted my USB port no longer works. I guess I misread the screen!! Since I can't communicated with the CC3D I can't change it back.

Is there a way to reset the CC3D to defaults? Or is there some way to gain access to it again to change it back.

Pls help

Roy
Hey Roy,
Are you sure it is not the computer or the USB cable? I'm running Windows 7 on a crappy Asus motherboard.
I had my Naza's and my CC3D Revo play dumb.
Have you tried it on another computer?
Are you getting any lights on the FC when you plug it into the computer?

If that's not the case what GSC app are you running, OpenPilot, other?

Roy Weidner

Thanks for your response XMS. It's been some time since I posted this and in the mean time I found a solution. In Open Pilot there is a recovery feature which I think is called "rescue" or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific but it's been so long now and I was just probing around so the specifics didn't stick with me.

I guess what surprises me is that, first of all I didn't get any responses in a reasonable time and second, that no one has mentioned this function! I must be on the wrong forum or in the wrong section. I must admit I am VERY disappointed in this forum unless as I said I just am in the wrong place. At least someone should have told me that if I was!

The function works great. Even though the port was disabled it somehow opened the USB port and reset the CC3D so that I could run the setup wizard. Copter is working fine now, been flying it a lot since.

XNS

Thanks for your response XMS. It's been some time since I posted this and in the mean time I found a solution. In Open Pilot there is a recovery feature which I think is called "rescue" or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific but it's been so long now and I was just probing around so the specifics didn't stick with me.

I guess what surprises me is that, first of all I didn't get any responses in a reasonable time and second, that no one has mentioned this function! I must be on the wrong forum or in the wrong section. I must admit I am VERY disappointed in this forum unless as I said I just am in the wrong place. At least someone should have told me that if I was!

The function works great. Even though the port was disabled it somehow opened the USB port and reset the CC3D so that I could run the setup wizard. Copter is working fine now, been flying it a lot since.

Hey Roy,
Rescue is the option!!
Works every time!! Yeah I figured and hoped you had found it by now LOL!!!
You may be right. I'm in RC Groups as well. I just needed a change in blog scenery so I just signed up here.
Thanx for responding!
Do you have any videos posted?

Roy Weidner

Sorry, no videos yet. I don't have a camera on the copter because I am using it to learn to fly. its more difficult than I expected. With the CC3D I expected very stable flight but it requires constant control input to keep it from crashing. My son has another brand and it is the same way.

Anyway, my next step is to install a camera nut I need to become a better pilot first.