carry 1.5kg DLSR

matwelli

What frame would you guys recommend, got asked the question, but it outside of my area of experitse (i can recommend something if ya want to carry a go-pro :) )

thinking droidworx heavy lift hex

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Mat,
By heavy camera can we also assume a much more expensive camera? If so I'd plan to use an Okto of some sort for the lift. The Okto's have a better tolerance for failures so there's a better chance of bringing your expensive camera back to the ground in an emergency. With the extra weight of a heavy lifter and larger camera I'd also want the redundancy to make things safer for people on the ground.
There's extra cost in building an eight rotor heli but I happen to be of the mindset that it's worth it for the extra safety and better chance of surviving a component failure.
As for a frame, I don't know if Mikrokopter has an Okto XL but it appears the Droidworx frame is up to the task.
Good luck,
Bart

matwelli

hey guys, thanks for that, I have put the guy in contact with Droidworx, its especially handy now they are based in New Zealand. yep, 4kg falling from the sky wouldnt be fun, especially with people in the way