AV200 pots vs. WKM gimbal control

looking on opinions on using the WKM gimbal control instead of the Photo Higher pots that come on the AV200 pro. pro/cons.

Thanks for sharing.

tppeng

I am not quite sure I understand your question.

There's definitely no problem keeping the pot on the AV200 and use WKM to stabilize it. I'm currently using it as my backup plan and I'm pretty happy with the gimbal control on the new firmware.

when I received my Skyline RSGS from Photo Higher I removed the pots and threw them away, the Skyline doesn't work so now I need to find an alternative gimbal control.

Will the WKM stabilize the AV200 without pots--direct to servos or are the pots required?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You only take off the pots when using their skyline. Everything else you need the pots on. Throwing them away was clearly not a bright idea!

tppeng

You throw them away?? Well, in this case you better contact Photohigher and buy some back! All stabilizer but Skyline WILL require potentiometers to operate.

In my defense of throwing the pots in the trash I believed I had a "Rock Solid Gimbal System" that didn't need them. We all believed the Skyline was fully functioning when release in which case there wasn't a reason to keep the pots.