AV130 Gimbal installation problem

Topflight

Purchased an AV130 gimbal and a landing gear that was supposed to work with that gimbal. After receiving it and putting it together, I find out that there is not enough clearance for the gimbal using that landing gear. So then I order an AV130 landing gear specifically made for the AV130 gimbal. I received it today and after putting it together, I find out that there is not enough clearance to mount the strut to the gimbal because of the motor on the top right of the gimbal as you look at it from the rear. I can file it down to make it work, but I would think it would be better engineered. Also, on the left side (looking from the rear) the servo motor hits the aluminum cross member. Anyone else run into this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Please can you give us some more deatisl on the issue you are having.If everything is assembled correctly there sould be enough space for everything. Images will helps see what is causing the issue.

Thank you,
Kim

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Photos would help to see whats up. I doubt it will be manufacturing that would need filing.

Dave

Topflight

4th picture (from the left) shows where strut won't fit because it hits the motor. 1st picture after it was filed down to fit. 3rd picture shows where servo hits the aluminum cross member when rolling to the right if your looking from the back. 2nd photo shows two screw heads hitting each other one silver, one black), preventing the gimbal to roll to the left if your looking from the back. Hope these help, if not, I'll take some more pictures.

View attachment 6887View attachment 6891View attachment 6889View attachment 6890

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0407 1.jpg
    IMG_0407 1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 336

Milo

I had the same problem as your 2nd picture. Two screw heads hitting each other...
You have to countersink the holes on the inside to allow the head of the screws to sit flush with the frame.

PH had this problem early last year and say they fixed it in June 2011. I purchased mine in februari this year and guess I got the old version...
Its pretty easy to do yourself, but sure is annoying when you payed €€€ for what suppose to be a quality product!

Hi Topflight,The only issue that relates to us would be that the holes have not been countersunk.as Milo pointed out we did have a problem last year but these were all fixed.We did have a short run of about 30-50 gimbals this year which the guys inassembly missed the countersink however we did do our best to recall all ofthese gimbals. We also informed our distributors of the issue and sent thenreplacement main side plates.

With regards to the landing gear you have purchased this is not a Photo Higherproduct, you will need to contact the manufacturer to let them know the issue.Please can you e-mail me directly and we will help you out with getting theholes in the main side either replaced or help you get them countersunk. kim@photohigher.co.nz

We apologies for the inconvenience

Cheers,
Kimberley Attwell

Tomstoy2

Can't beat that for service!!! Just post a problem here and problem resolved! Just LOVE the commitment, Kimberley!!!!

Topflight

Hi Topflight,The only issue that relates to us would be that the holes have not been countersunk.as Milo pointed out we did have a problem last year but these were all fixed.We did have a short run of about 30-50 gimbals this year which the guys inassembly missed the countersink however we did do our best to recall all ofthese gimbals. We also informed our distributors of the issue and sent thenreplacement main side plates.

With regards to the landing gear you have purchased this is not a Photo Higherproduct, you will need to contact the manufacturer to let them know the issue.Please can you e-mail me directly and we will help you out with getting theholes in the main side either replaced or help you get them countersunk. kim@photohigher.co.nz

Cheers,
Kimberley Attwell

Kimberley,
Sent you an e-mail but it returned to me as undeliverable. I resent it. Did you get it? Is your e-mail supposed to end in .com.nz

Topflight

Cheers,
Kimberley Attwell

Hi all, great news. I would like to thank Kimberley, (with Photohigher) for sending me the parts for my AV130 gimbal that I needed to make it work correctly. He took the time and effort to make sure I was satisfied with the product they sell. Thanks again.
Chuck