Authorized reseller for Syma batteries?

LoftyGoals

I don't yet have it myself, but I'm helping my nephew catch the drone bug. Clearly counterfeit drones and parts are a significant issue and I'm not sure how the community handles this:
  • What's the best way to get genuine (though not necessarily Syma-made) batteries and chargers for the X5UW?
  • Does Syma have authorized resellers in the US (excluding Walmart, and the other box stores, since they sell the drones but no parts)?
  • Is there a good after-market manufacturer of these batteries?
  • Is there a non-authorized site that people generally trust?
Thank you!

-- Sal
smile.

Last edited:

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Most of all drones sold from china are counterfeit good luck and it is Syma after all. If you buy from local distributors ie Horizon hobby they will not be counterfeit.

LoftyGoals

Your answer is kind of exactly what I thought. Unfortunately, Horizon Hobby doesn't seem to stock Syma. Is there a list somewhere of reliable US distributors? If I could even find a list of good distributors, I could try to find one that stocks Syma.

Either way, thank you!

LoftyGoals

I looked at Amazon, but all of the batteries are sold by random third party sellers, so I have no idea if they are bogus or not.

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
It really does not matter for batteries as all lipos have a short life, the more you pay the more cycles and true C you will get out of the battery. One flight and your lipo will be finished and in the garbage. I would not get hung up on "genuine lipos" unless your flying professionally and a top pilot you will not notice from one brand or another.