Audible low battery warning suggestions?

demunseed

Has anyone installed an AUDIBLE battery warning indicator on their Phantom? I tried installing one from HobbyKing but it never ALARMED before the copter started its red flashing sequence..... Hmmmm.... Does the phantom flash at a higher voltage then the audible alarm indicator? - Any suggestions for what might work? I'd REALLY like to have a AUDIBLE WARNING that I can hear on this thing......

glacier51

Demunseed:
You talking one of those little things that plugs into the LiPo balance cable?

If so, there's a small button on the side away from where the thing plugs in to set the cell voltage you want the audio beep to go off on. The lowest is like 2.8v/cell, all the way up to 3.8-3.9.

See what the Phantom is alarming at and set the audio a tenth of a volt higher, etc.

For what it's worth, mine is set at 3.6V.

Ron

demunseed

Where do i get it?

Demunseed:
You talking one of those little things that plugs into the LiPo balance cable?

If so, there's a small button on the side away from where the thing plugs in to set the cell voltage you want the audio beep to go off on. The lowest is like 2.8v/cell, all the way up to 3.8-3.9.

See what the Phantom is alarming at and set the audio a tenth of a volt higher, etc.

For what it's worth, mine is set at 3.6V.

Ron

Are you talking about a separate alarm indicator that I can buy for the Phantom? If so, where do I get it? :dread:

glacier51

Google lipo audio battery alarm.

It's a little thing about an inch square with male pins sticking out one end. Handles lipos 2-6 cells I think. Has a small LED readout of total bat voltage and counts up through all cells, showing individual cell voltage.

Most places they are less than USD10.

Here's one from China:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190871298318?lpid=82

This is what it looks like. They can be had in the US if that's where you are for a bit more.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
We set my friends naza to flash at 14.4v which would be 3.6v per cell. Then attached 2 hobbyking alarms with a y harness we made and set those to alarm at 3.6v