Assigning failsafe to a separate switch on DX8?

SkOOby

Hi, I have the F450 with Naza and GPS, using a Spektrum AR8000 rx and DX8 tx.

I currently have the three flight modes assigned to the flap switch, and have set the failsafe for loss of signal and all working fine in the Assistant software.

Is there any way I can assign failsafe (return to home) on a different switch. Have searched loads, but it's pretty confusing!

skOOby

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi, I have the F450 with Naza and GPS, using a Spektrum AR8000 rx and DX8 tx.

I currently have the three flight modes assigned to the flap switch, and have set the failsafe for loss of signal and all working fine in the Assistant software.

Is there any way I can assign failsafe (return to home) on a different switch. Have searched loads, but it's pretty confusing!

skOOby

Hi Skooby,

Dont have a DX8 but like with other radios it should be doable with mixers. Set a certain value for your flaps and the condition is an other switch flicked. Gonna check my dx7s when I am home were I did that and I will give you more precise Infos !

Boris

Dont remember doesn't the Naza have a separate coming home feature under autopilot tab? So you can assign it directly to a switch and don't have to go the longer way over mixers?

I remember having to go the mixers way since I didn't have enought free channels.

SkOOby

Hi Boris, thanks for your reply. Hadn't thought about mixes and got me thinking. I found a really useful guide on RCGroups by the user Freechip, so i'm all sorted! :nevreness:

skOOby