For Sale As New Inspire 1 RAW with 4 x TB48 Lipos

pilotwings

Just a heads up that inspire 2 is due out in early Nov, so for anyone thinking of spending this sort of money on a drone, you're best off waiting as these will drop in price a lot, or you may prefer the updated tech at similar prices.

pilotwings

By your own admission of not knowing for certain, even that means its worth waiting for as nobody wants to blow 4.5k on technology which could (and most likely) will be replaced in weeks with something better, or will lower the value on your existing equipment. As even a 20% drop in value on 4.5k in £900. Depending on the levels of upgrades of inspire 2 (if at all) will depend on the value you lose.

DJI releases something new & pretty significant every year around this time.

Right now you're asking current money for tech which this time next month could be worth much less, so as a neutral forum member I feel its only fair I give people good advise.

PMaughan

Pilotwings, surely people are free to sell things at what ever price they like, aren't they? The market will decide if it's the right price.

If you wait For the next tech you will always wait.

pilotwings

I never said he could not, I just wanted to warn people there is probably something new coming out VERY soon in a matter of weeks which will devalue this, or allow them to get the latest tech at a similar price.

Whiles it true something new is always around the corner, its often many many months away, so when its less than 6 weeks away, I would want to know about this before I pay top money for quite possibly, soon to be out dated goods.

pilotwings

This is still available. And no sign on the Inspire 2 yet. £4000 ex vat.
14717295_1102341546547044_2027459642901037752_n.jpg

14563401_10154697190829853_4087469075847490831_n-jpg.10416

Sorry, but DJI are announcing it Nov 15th in Los Angeles. I pretty much told you this over a month ago.

Av8Chuck

It's always a great idea to be the first person to own the latest DJI. You know, because they always work so well when they first release them.

pilotwings

I have only owned phantoms and inspires and they both worked flawless from day 1.
It's always a great idea to be the first person to own the latest DJI. You know, because they always work so well when they first release them.

My stuff has always worked fine, problem with DJI is so many idiots buy their stuff most of them don't even know about things like compass or lens calibration, then go online to complain when the 'problems' arise.

You can't be the most successful drone operator in the world without being mostly reliable.
Not to mention you will always have a percentage of failures if you're selling millions of units.
That happens in any company that mass produces stuff.

So it depends on how you look at it.
The fact remains this hardware is about to be replaced and it going to drop a ton of value.

Last edited:

Av8Chuck

DJI isn't the largest operator, they are the largest consumer drone manufacturer.

It all depends on how you use it. This is a difference between professionals and consumers: If the old technology is reliable and newer technology is released there is still a lot of value left in the older technology and you'll probably make more money working with the older technology than will lose turning down work waiting for the newer technology.

If your making money today with the current version, its not like you'll make less when the new version is released. Which if DJI's history is any indication it will be three to six months after its release before it gets into a "wide" release and another six months of bug fixes.

Consumers might care if they have the latest and greatest but professionals just want what ever they have to work. I donated my last Inspire to a local drone educational program, so I don't want another, but if I did I certainly wouldn't let the fact that DJI is releasing another version stop me from purchasing this one.

If your so worried about the value then make an offer of what you think is fair for this one. You'll have more luck negotiating with jackwrangham then you will with DJI I assure you...

pilotwings

DJI isn't the largest operator, they are the largest consumer drone manufacturer.

It all depends on how you use it. This is a difference between professionals and consumers: If the old technology is reliable and newer technology is released there is still a lot of value left in the older technology and you'll probably make more money working with the older technology than will lose turning down work waiting for the newer technology.

If your making money today with the current version, its not like you'll make less when the new version is released. Which if DJI's history is any indication it will be three to six months after its release before it gets into a "wide" release and another six months of bug fixes.

Consumers might care if they have the latest and greatest but professionals just want what ever they have to work. I donated my last Inspire to a local drone educational program, so I don't want another, but if I did I certainly wouldn't let the fact that DJI is releasing another version stop me from purchasing this one.

If your so worried about the value then make an offer of what you think is fair for this one. You'll have more luck negotiating with jackwrangham then you will with DJI I assure you...

We're obviously talking about the consumer market.

I find it very unlikely the inspire 2 will be unusable to the level you imply. When the X5R is also well known to being incredibly weak in design where even a small jolt has has people with snapped stems, redenring the camera useless. If its a model they will be discontinuing

filthy13

We're obviously talking about the consumer market.

There's nothing "consumer" about buying and flying $5-6k, and processing RAW footage. Most "consumers" that have the cash to blow on the X5R likely won't have the desktop or the know-how to properly handle this footage.

Regardless of the pending rumors, this is still a solid deal. Nothing else in the same price range that's on par (both in terms of capture ability and total integration - yes even with the shortcomings). And even if there's something coming around the corner, this unit will still be able to command the same day rate with clients due to what it's able to produce (in capable hands of course). Best of luck with the sale @jackwrangham.

Thanks @filthy13

Anyway its hasn't sold yet so will also offer the X5R camera (with 15mm lens and extra SSD) for £2800 ex vat (retails at DJI for £3190 ex vat).

Also have Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12mm, 25mm and 45mm lenses for sale.

pilotwings

I wouldn't buy old tech sorry unless the price reflect it, the money being asked will get you a top of the line inspire 2 with similar camera, so if thee new model has any gripes I will still wait.
There's nothing "consumer" about buying and flying $5-6k, and processing RAW footage. Most "consumers" that have the cash to blow on the X5R likely won't have the desktop or the know-how to properly handle this footage.

Regardless of the pending rumors, this is still a solid deal. Nothing else in the same price range that's on par (both in terms of capture ability and total integration - yes even with the shortcomings). And even if there's something coming around the corner, this unit will still be able to command the same day rate with clients due to what it's able to produce (in capable hands of course). Best of luck with the sale @jackwrangham.

First of the price drops has started on the X5R today in some of UK stores, expect them to keep dropping over the next month. Really depends on how much better the inspire 2 is and if they have new cameras for it.

dropped.jpg

apextech

I really appreciate how pilotwings decided to hijack jacks for sale ad and step all over it, what a wonderful display of communal respect, sorry just had to say it.

pilotwings

I really appreciate how pilotwings decided to hijack jacks for sale ad and step all over it, what a wonderful display of communal respect, sorry just had to say it.

I offered a highly insightful and useful take into the market which was proven correct and saved some poor sod spending top money on soon to be replaced tech.

How idiots like you perceive that as disrespectful is beyond me. The truth is disrespectful?
Democrat by any chance?

I would rather honest and informed people like me on this forum, than non entities like you who are happy to keep useful information out of the public domain so someone else can make more money. If what I said was untrue then it would not have any impact on the sale.

So I'm real sorry for using my insight and expertise into the market. Loser.

I offered a highly insightful and useful take into the market which was proven correct and saved some poor sod spending top money on soon to be replaced tech.

How idiots like you perceive that as disrespectful is beyond me. The truth is disrespectful?
Democrat by any chance?

I would rather honest and informed people like me on this forum, than non entities like you who are happy to keep useful information out of the public domain so someone else can make more money. If what I said was untrue then it would not have any impact on the sale.

So I'm real sorry for using my insight and expertise into the market. Loser.

+1 vote for asshole

Thanks for your support guys. Tomorrow will be interesting.

I put this up for sale via the forum because I honestly thought we could do someone a good deal back then. The demand for higher end systems like the X5R is much lower, so its fine it hasn't sold and I don't think on this occasion that certain posts have done much damage to a possible sale.

With the i2 on the horizon the price of these will of course drop, and we have kept the price of this one below whatever DJI was offering them for direct and of course were willing to accept offers fro that reason.

I think forums area great place to get information, but the differing opinions can be an issue sometimes. I think we'll put our used sales through other channels from now on!

Again thanks for the support. Please do feel free to contact me direct...

jack@droneaerialops.com

We always have some good second hand kit for sale (used for demos and testing etc). And we're a DJI Enterprise dealer, so if you have a business and are looking for higher end 'just out' DJI kit, have a chat with us.

Thanks

Jack