Arming NAZA M from DX8

MikeyJ

I've recently run into some inconsistency when trying to arm my F550 w/ NAZA M and Spektrum AR8000. I can almost trace it back to the time following a crash. Not sure if it was b/c of that or just a coincidence b/c it doesn't happen every time, but I continue to have problems arming it, sticks down and in or down and out. I recently started to think maybe a solid GPS link is required to arm. I'm in a basement and I doubt the signal has ever been good but in the past I've had no problems arming it. I've since re-bound it a couple times thinking that I screwed something up b/c over the past several weeks I've connected the DX 8 to a flight sim on my PC and a new model, which has flown w/out issue each and every time. But, that one is a simple Blade Nano QX.

Any thoughts?

- Mike

I've recently run into some inconsistency when trying to arm my F550 w/ NAZA M and Spektrum AR8000. I can almost trace it back to the time following a crash. Not sure if it was b/c of that or just a coincidence b/c it doesn't happen every time, but I continue to have problems arming it, sticks down and in or down and out. I recently started to think maybe a solid GPS link is required to arm. I'm in a basement and I doubt the signal has ever been good but in the past I've had no problems arming it. I've since re-bound it a couple times thinking that I screwed something up b/c over the past several weeks I've connected the DX 8 to a flight sim on my PC and a new model, which has flown w/out issue each and every time. But, that one is a simple Blade Nano QX.

Any thoughts?

- Mike

do you have any duel rates set up?
If mine wont arm it is usually because one of the duel rates switches is flipped and it has to be on High Rate to arm.
Just a thought. Sometimes the simplest things are the ones we overlook.

MikeyJ

dual rates

do you have any duel rates set up?
If mine wont arm it is usually because one of the duel rates switches is flipped and it has to be on High Rate to arm.
Just a thought. Sometimes the simplest things are the ones we overlook.

You ask a good question I wish I knew the answer to. If I have dual rates setup for the DX8/Naza, I'm not aware or know how to check that but will start looking into it. If i find that to be the case, I'll make sure to post back here.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
GPS link will not matter, try it in ATTI or MANual, I would expect the problem to be the same.

Satellite Rx still coming on line?

Adjusting throttle trim down a little may help and may have been bumped just a notch or two.

Pete

Tahoe Ed

I would reinstall Assistant. Do an Advanced IMU Calibration then set the controls to defaults and set it up as a new model.

MikeyJ

Well, in the end, it was me forgetting that I needed that GPS lock before I could arm it. At least that's what I think. I was too impatient waiting for the green LED. My hex was out of commission for so long, I forgot that simple step. And, it just feels like it takes longer to get that lock than I remember, but as I say, it's been a while. Still need to figure out where to check on dual rates and expo. As well, I have a separate problem getting proper feedback on the Assistant software, but that's for another thread.

Got her in the air today, w/ a couple new props, for the first time in a couple months.

Thanks Stitch, PeteDee and Tahoe Ed for chiming in.

Well, in the end, it was me forgetting that I needed that GPS lock before I could arm it. At least that's what I think. I was too impatient waiting for the green LED. My hex was out of commission for so long, I forgot that simple step. And, it just feels like it takes longer to get that lock than I remember, but as I say, it's been a while. Still need to figure out where to check on dual rates and expo. As well, I have a separate problem getting proper feedback on the Assistant software, but that's for another thread.

Got her in the air today, w/ a couple new props, for the first time in a couple months.

Thanks Stitch, PeteDee and Tahoe Ed for chiming in.

Don't rush it. It has a mind of it's own that works best on ITS time frame.

On your TX:
If you push the scroll roller you will see "D/R and Expo" as the third item on the menu.
Push the roller again and it takes you to the Duel Rate settings page.

I suggest you look on Youtube at this video for setting instructions. http://youtu.be/LtNXmoID2HQ

Stitch