AR Drone ARDrone (1) motor red lights and WiFi green - help

ardroneman

Recently I crashed the DRONE! a big crash from vey high as accidentally hit emergency. One broken cross member! I bought a new cross member installed it and noted 3 red motor lights and one didn`t come on at all. Bought new main board and installed it now have 4 red motor lights and green status light. What next? I am thinking a faulty motor butt can it be the NAV board? If on motor is bad do you get all red lights? Before I go off and buy a motor o NAV board would appreciate some help. Thanks

Main board is toast Im afraid!
And it can do it at will, doesnt need a terminal crash......go on, guess how I know?

It can sometimes be got round by running a cabletie around the boards as tight as you dare, the jam a piece of rubber under it laying across the most forward of the little brown square chips. The recommended fix of simply checking that the connections to the lower board is probably what we do anyway.

ardroneman

Its working now

Thanks for the help. I did replace mother board (along with new cross member) and whereas I previously had 3 motors red and no light on one motor I then had all 4 motors red and mother board green. That was an improvement I guess. I then suspected one motor was bad. However after upgrading the software and resetting bot reset buttons and performing a level trim and rebooting again motors went green. So I am flying again and this time with the indoor shell on but flying outdoors still! Cheers