XAircraft Any ideas on the discharge C-Rating required for my Hexa?

dma251

I have an XA hexa set up with the QuadDancer qd1100b motors recommended by CnCHeli, and DJI WKM system.

What is the minimum C rating I should be looking at running with a multirotor of this size? I am currently using Nano-tech 35-70c and they seem to work well, but If I could go Down to the 25-50c rating I could run the 6000 may batteries for the same price....

I guess I should just buy one and see what happens, but I don't want to waste the money if it won't support the power needs of my heli...

Tomstoy2

I'm using Turnigy 30c 5000mah @ 4s. My tests determined 10.6 minutes of flight time with an added margine to spare and still keep the battery at 20%.

I'm flying the same Hexa with mt2216-900kv motors.

rwilabee

What props are you running. I'm going to build the same with the Avroto 2814 motors I already have.

Thanks Rich

I'm using Turnigy 30c 5000mah @ 4s. My tests determined 10.6 minutes of flight time with an added margine to spare and still keep the battery at 20%.

I'm flying the same Hexa with mt2216-900kv motors.

Tomstoy2

Hey Rich, they are APC 9x4.7's. It flys really nice with them. Got a couple vids on my build thread if you are interrested. I even did the maiden in some pretty high winds! Was very pleasantly suprised with how she behaved.

I do have some 10"ers also, but haven't tried them. I'm concerned they would be too much prop for her. Seems most people run 8 inch. Got those too, but not tried them either.
9 inch makes it really feel weightless, and the reaction is quick without overshooting. Really happy with how stable it is in both calm weather and wind.

Basic gains are at 115, 115, 110 and 105. Holds position rock solid.

Next step is to do the test flights with gimbal and camera, but we got hit by a major snow storm so that's now out of the question for the time being.

rwilabee

I'll check out your build thread. Thanks Rich

Hey Rich, they are APC 9x4.7's. It flys really nice with them. Got a couple vids on my build thread if you are interrested. I even did the maiden in some pretty high winds! Was very pleasantly suprised with how she behaved.

I do have some 10"ers also, but haven't tried them. I'm concerned they would be too much prop for her. Seems most people run 8 inch. Got those too, but not tried them either.
9 inch makes it really feel weightless, and the reaction is quick without overshooting. Really happy with how stable it is in both calm weather and wind.

Basic gains are at 115, 115, 110 and 105. Holds position rock solid.

Next step is to do the test flights with gimbal and camera, but we got hit by a major snow storm so that's now out of the question for the time being.