Any advantage to switching lens's?

So I got my gimbal up and running and its tuned decent for now but I will be refining it eventually. I am running an aftermarket gimbal with an alexmos 32 bit controller. I have a sony nex 7 with the stock lens which is an 18-55mm. I am considering changing it to the 16mm pancake lens. Is it worth searching craigslist etc to get this lens? Will the 16mm pancake produce fisheye? Seems to me if it didn't it would be a better lens just because its more compact and a slightly wider angle. I will mainly use it for stills and not so much video but I would use it for some video as well.

dazzab

I've used both and I prefer the 16mm pancake lens because it's smaller and lighter. It doesn't have fisheye. The zoom does have OSS which the pancake doesn't but I haven't noticed any difference. Some say that OSS actually works against you with the type of vibration we deal with on copters. I really don't know. They aren't that expensive but I honestly don't think you are going to see too much difference.

I figure it may help my gimbal run a little easier too. I'm going to keep looking for one. They turn up on Craigslist from time to time. There only $250 new but I'm cursed with the Cheapskate DNA so I will have to suffer through a few months of searching to hopefully save a $100.