Advice on battery selection

Helirazor

Hi all, I have a skyjib 8 and AXI 2826/12 motors and want to swing 15inch props, what would be the best batts to use 4 or 5s or is 6s even an option? You see recomandations for fixed or rotor but nothing for multi Will be using a FS700 underneath and at times a Red.
Previous setup has been a AD8 heavy lift with 4120 motors. Found those motors are hungary on power with low flight times.
Any sugestions.

http://www.electricwingman.com/model-motors/axi-2826/12.aspx

Have a look at this... I have used these motors pulling a large fixed wing (twin 120") for AP, I ran 3 cells on 14x5 props and could get 30min flight times at reduced throttle. for a Multi rotor I think 15" props and more than 3 cells might be pushing the limits of the motors. the higher the voltage, the higher the RPM, They will run happily on higher volts but you may need to re-think your prop selection. Check the performance numbers of the props i.e max RPM v efficiency and match that to the motor specs. What you are looking for is a motor/voltage/RPM that is around the max efficiency of the props. hope this helps.

Pete.