A2 vertical speed limit - I only get 4 m/s - why?

snurre

Hi,

According to the A2 spec. the vertical speed limits in ATTI and GPS ATTI mode is 6 m/s.

But when I punch full climb on the throttle it settles at exactly 4 m/s only.
Same with AUW 7 kg and AUW 11 kg, so it is not a performance issue.
The throttle range calibration matches the A2 assistent endpoint indications perfectly.

I would like to have the full 6 m/s limit.

Any theories, guys?

/ Tom

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Same here so interested to see the score here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I will assume you are not flying a DJI Multirotor......
Are your ESCs matched to your battery voltage and your motors?
Did you cofigure each ESC for the full speed range while connected to each motor?

snurre

Hi guys, thanks for the response.

Yes the batteries are suffiecient. 2 * 10Ah 6S 20C.
ESCs, battery and motors matched.

I will put more time into this project soon and as the new DJI firmware versions are now released the OSD will once again be available for data logging and analysis. (this function has been broken for quite a while)
Will report here once I have had the opportunity to have a look at it.

Hello,

Any solutions? Mine is doing the same thing, topped out at 4.0 m/s on a DJI S1000+ using DSM2 satellites. Tried adjusting gains, etc., with no luck. I had a WooKong prior to this, and it climbed "like crazy". If I cannot find a resolution, thinking about going back to the WooKong.

Thanks, and appreciate any insight.

Dave

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Another crazy side effect of a fw update maybe ? Have you tried roll back and see if you get your climb perfo again ? I wouldn't trust the IOSD data so much, we all know the voltage is a bit off. Who knows how the Vs is extracted anyway ?

Yeah, I suspect a FW update. I don't know how to roll back, since my A2 is a new addition. I think the iOSD data is reasonably accurate - there is no doubt that the S1000 is climbing much more sluggishly than with the WKM. My other thought was maybe DJI places that restriction if you're using the DSM2. No way to tell, and DJI won't answer their phone or emails.

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
I'm getting a brand new S900 on monday, I'll give it a good punch up, although I live at 8900 I get great perfo normally. I'll be at sea level shooting on thursday and will also give it a shot.

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Update : we were by the seaside, and got astonishing performances out of our brand new copter, not sure what would cause your issue...

I took the A2 off and put my old Wookong on my S1000. Viola! Back to climbing at 6 m/s. Probably firmware on the A2 that is slowing the climb rate. Would be nice if DJI would publicize this, but I'm surprised no one else is complaining. I tried calling their customer support multiple times, won't even let me leave a message. Sent three email inquiries, no response there either. Dave

Hi guys, thanks for the response.

Yes the batteries are suffiecient. 2 * 10Ah 6S 20C.
ESCs, battery and motors matched.

I will put more time into this project soon and as the new DJI firmware versions are now released the OSD will once again be available for data logging and analysis. (this function has been broken for quite a while)
Will report here once I have had the opportunity to have a look at it.

2 x 20C rated batteries are IMHO not sufficient for providing the instantaneous demand amps required by the motors to achieve full lifting capability under load. Higher C rated batteries will make a very big difference. I always use pairs of 25C rated batteries. Over time these LiPo batteries real C rating also drops as the electrochemistry wears down.

Last edited by a moderator:

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
My 10c Multistar will shoot it up at max speed. Not that I really need it in my line of work, but still. Also got 16 minutes out of one today, impressed.