A2 intelligent landing gear

Area21

Area21
Outfit: SUAS SkyJibX4 Ti-QR. Futaba 14sg Tx. A2 flight system. No additional Rx used.
Problem: Unable to make Intelligent gear function.
Gear works fine manually on a 2 position switch, but it shows to be working backwards on the A2 Assistant. Tried servo reversing on the A2 Assistant and on the TX with no successful outcome. Tried altering servo end points up and down with no successful outcome.
All I want to try and achieve is in Fail Safe Mode when TX is disabled the gear comes down automatically. If not then its going to land on my Canon camera and gimbal.

Any suggestions ?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
In the past I have removed the controller and used it just as a standard servo which enables end point setting etc to be done however before doing that I would give Aeronavics an email to see what they do.

henrysj

I think I remember having to use a servo reverser for the retracts on a SkyJib to make them work correctly with the A2

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i believe to reverse a servo you open it up and reverse the two outer wires going to the potentiometer.
a servo reverse can do it also but they have been known to fail

Area21

Area21
i believe to reverse a servo you open it up and reverse the two outer wires going to the potentiometer.
a servo reverse can do it also but they have been known to fail
Thanks guys. I can easily reverse the outer potentiometric wires (just like old times when digital radios were not invented) yes I am that old.

Nigel

I'm that old as well and it's been a long time since I’ve done this but I think you need to reverse the motor wires as well.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm that old as well and it's been a long time since I’ve done this but I think you need to reverse the motor wires as well.
nope, just the pot wires, that reverses the sensing of the position and reverses the response.

Area21

Area21
Thought I had replied to this but clearly I didn't. My solution was to remove the Aeronavics servo controller they fit to all retractable landing gear and connect the servo directly to the A2 controller. This allowed me in the A2 assistant software to set the servo up and make the Intelligent landing gear function as DJI have designed it. Jobs a good one. :)