A day at the field

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
On Saturday I got to spend some time at the flying field with the Droidworx MK AD-6. There wasn't much of a breeze at the house but by the time I got to the field a fairly strong wind had come up making for poor stabilty on the camera platform so I only did one flight with the GoPro onboard, the rest I had the Canon SX 200 mounted and taking still shots. You know it was windy when you watch the video replay and realize the horizon is tilted because the mount used all of its roll travel due to the lean angle of the MK, at times it appeared to be sitting there tilted at least 15 to 20 degrees to counter the wind!

The good news is the new F/C board held altitude quite well and the upgrade to 11 inch props seemed to help keep the Hexa on station as well. The GPS did a great job considering the conditions, manual flight was tricky as the MK always wanted to head off in the direction the wind was blowing.

Here's some of the stills and the raw untouched video from Saturday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1klf_D_ouho

IMG_0397A-1.jpg

IMG_0419A-1.jpg

IMG_0389A.jpg

IMG_0404A.jpg

IMG_0406A1.jpg

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice one.. I upgraded my props to the 11" this weekend and found a world of difference.. Ill get some pics up soon.

I thought you said you had snow! That looks like a bit of ground frost ;)

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
How do you get the photos in the post rather than attachments?

Put them up on a site like Photobucket and then use the IMG code link in the post.

We did have snow right up to the end of last week when it got warm and it all seemed to disappear nearly overnight. A week prior and there would have been 2 feet of snow covering the field and snowmobiles racing around all over the place :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken are you using the Flyboard? and if so how do you like its performance?

Bill

No Flyboard, just standard Mk electronics with a few add-ons like a Spektrum diversity board and I2C isolation board on the Droidworx MK, and just box stock Mk electronics in the new build which may eventually also get a diversity board when they're available again.

Ken