XAircraft 650 Pro Battery Position

jxhammer

What is the best way to mount a 5800 battery on a 650 Pro. A photo would be a great help.
Thanks
JxHammer

VIQuad

good question, they dont make it easy with just that single strap. I wish they created a better "holster" for the battery all together.

Still trying to figure out how to mount mine.....lots of velcro all over the battery and strap.

CrashMaster

I use the Xaircraft battery mount but have tape on the bottom and then velcor on that. Every lipo has a strip of velcro on the casing so it sticks onto the mount. This stops it from shifting in flight. I then use a velcro wrap strap and secure it tight. I also have velcro on the top of the battery mount so the strap can't slip either.
One of the things you may not be aware of is that the mount is designed to give up on impact. It will drop the lipo to the ground on a heavy landing. This is to help dissipate impact by reducing impact damage to the lipo and the air frame should the worst happen.
I did look at making a Lipo cage to mount to further protect the lipos but never got that far because I use 5000mAh through to 8,400mAh lipos meaning quite a differing size and the ability to shift the weight to balance the machine is made easier just using velcro.

I use the included foam pad and wrap the battery tight. Adding a little velcro goes a long way!View attachment 14050

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 144

Zirt57

I made a slightly larger battery tray that uses two Velcro straps. I then use these straps from Hobby King. They have a rubberized coating that helps them stick to the battery and keep it from shifting. I still use the XAircraft clips to attach the battery tray to the X650 so in a hard crash, the battery will still give up on impact.

Jeff