Hoverfly 2013 Joe Nall Fly-in re-cap video using my Aerdro XY8 Rig with Hoverfly Pro...

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys, I slapped together a 2013 Joe Nall Re-cap video, I could have done a much better job but my bosses want it NOW...
SO NOW got them this... (coloring needs work, the sky's were gray for much of the week)

Anyways, I used my Aerdro XY8 with the Hoverfly Pro board and GPS to snag the aerial shots using a NEX5.
I am really starting to get the footage dialed in. But it could have been a bit cleaner, as I changed to my back up props because I had to drive the rig around in a golf cart and I didn't want to kill my "good" props.

Anyways.. hope you enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Nice work, Steve. It looks like the XY8 is doing a good job, glad to see the aerial footage!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Thanks.. it can be way batter.. WAY but I'm always rushed... People have no patience!
Also my other cam is getting grainy and I don't know why. The footage from teh NEX looks great, my Canon HG-21... not so much. Both shooting ACHVD.
I need to get a different "non flying cam" I think.

eyeball

This brings back fond...fond memories, South Carolina and the Don Lowe Masters (back in my day) fantastic venue with a grass airfield about a mile long that's smoother than a Bowling Green, id love to be back there! I envy you and your lovely footage:) Oh..and do they still have that Bud Beer Trailer over in the Hanger??

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Triple Tree has expanded so much you may not recognize it. But it's still beautiful!
And yes.. the beer truck still lives there on BBQ day!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for posting that here Steve and for the plug!. The footage looks pretty nice considering you
a. started flying the heli a day or two before leaving for Joe Nall and
b. didn't use any goggles to keep your shots lined up.

Can't wait to see event coverage later in the year when things are all dialed in!

First I was like, can't wait to see the aerial stuff, 19 seconds into it I"m like, is that a jet hovering midfield?!?!?!