2 seperate gain settings on single switch

Greg

like title says.I have not had any luck finding a guide to do this.I have figured out the taranis for the most part.I have 3 flight modes on one switch and a seperate failsafe override on a 2 way switch.What I want to do is have 2 seperate gain settings onto one switch.This way I can have 2 custom settings for atti and manual with the flip of a switch.This probaly makes no sense but I figured if it could be done someone here would know,or could point me to a resource on how to accomplish this.I am pretty sure I will have to use channel 7 for this.I have channel 7 as ioc.Seeing that I havent needed or used ioc yet that isnt a problem assigning 2 seperate gain settings to that channel.manual needs to be toned down for a beginner like me.Thanks in advance;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
When you say "gain" settings, you mean gains in the Naza? If so, I don't think that's possible. The Naza settings are fixed unless you switch them in flight with the smart phone app using Bluetooth.

The taranis would be capable of doing this, if the Naza offered the feature - by setting up some and/or functions for the switch with custom functions.

Greg

I think you know what I want to accomplish.Basically I want 2 custom gain settings that I create in the naza software.Then I assign one of these custom settings to a toggle switch.Then when I fly in manual mode I can switch to the gain setting that I created in the naza software specifically for manual flying.Then when I want to fly in atti mode I switch to that custom gain setting.The way it is know(default) all flight modes have the same gains that the naza software is set to.I came across someone trying to accomplish this earlier but got side tracked.If the tarnais cant do it nothing can.I know that the dials can be used to adjust gains on the fly but thats not optimal.The search continues:)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The knob definitely does it, but for only some of the gains if I recall. The other way to possibly do it is to assign a switch instead of the knob. You would adjust the end points of the switch to effect the Naza gains the way you want them - for instance switch up = 100 across the board, switch down = 125 across the board (or whichever gains can be assigned to the gain knob/switch).

You would have to mess with the end points while watching the Naza assistant to get it to hone in on the numbers you wanted to see. Might possible have to adjust the center/offset as well, not sure.

Greg

Exactly.Got my third sets of props today.1337,thinner style like my original 1335's.The 1447 were dreadful.the 1447 caused major instability in light wind and decending.With the 1335 and 1337 props I can decend fairly quickly and the quad is overall rock solid.The quad is a rocket with these thinner steeper props.Hover is a tad under 50% now.And when giving full throttle in manual it rockets up.Looks as though I found a good prop config.I Will probaly order some RVPROP 14x55 and see how those perform aswell.

Greg

The knob definitely does it, but for only some of the gains if I recall. The other way to possibly do it is to assign a switch instead of the knob. You would adjust the end points of the switch to effect the Naza gains the way you want them - for instance switch up = 100 across the board, switch down = 125 across the board (or whichever gains can be assigned to the gain knob/switch).

You would have to mess with the end points while watching the Naza assistant to get it to hone in on the numbers you wanted to see. Might possible have to adjust the center/offset as well, not sure.
This fella set it up,I think?
http://multirotorforums.com/threads/gains-setup-with-switches.23359/

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Not sure what the props had to do with my switch thoughts, but I'm getting used to your train of thought I think :)

If I understand the issue he had, that would be solved by the offset in the Taranis. Again, you'd have to check/set it while seeing the values in the assistant.

Greg

I agreed with you, then gave you details on my quad setup.Just excited and happy that this thing is shaping up nicely.He had/has 3 naza configs set to one taranis switch.What he wanted to do is go one step further and be able to tweek those individual settings on the fly.tweeking the gains on the fly is the easy part.Setting up individual preset gains to one switch is another.Im sure dennis baldwin has a tutorial.Gotta like him.I will commence the search tomorrow.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Gotcha.

It's just end points that change the values - so if you haven't messed with that, just search end point settings. You'lol obviously need to assign the gain values you want to switch in the assistant as well

Greg

Okay,I guess.I suppose endpoints in the TX as In Manual mode the software passes all the signals from your sticks 1:1 to the esc's.Correct?. No worries,lots of guides and info out there.This is another reason I got a naza.lots of guides,documentation and help out there.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No, end points in the RX control the throw of the sticks (or knobs, sliders). actually it's effecting the PWM. So typically the switches are set to -100 & +100, You need to assign the gain tuning channel to a 2-position switch and see what gain it changes to in the naza assistant. If the gains are too high/low, you have to change the numbers on the Taranis to get it to land where you want.

Hypothetically: you might need to end up with the end points set to -80 & +80. Or it might be -35 &. +35. You'll have to play with the end point until they land where you want them to in the assistant.

Greg

I am going to setup dual rate switches in taranis.One for atti,another for manual.From the vid I have seen It should do what I need.If it doesnt work/do what I want then I will figure out how to setup end points.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That should work. In essence, the end point solution is just allowing you to manually set the gains. So if the dual rates work, no need to overconicate it.

And of course test it in the Assistant to be sure :)

Let us know how it works.

Greg

forwards/backwards and throttle isnt really the issue in manual as much as roll.basically I just want a toned down endpoint for roll.Should be simple enough once I have the switch allocated and then I can play with the number.from the video I will start with 60 then either go up or down as 100 being default.Gotta go renew my licence so will have to wait till later:confused:

Greg

I decided to have 3 expos on one switch (SA)Roll/Ail
Normal default switch up Weight (100%) expo default (Gps-atti flying)
Med switch middle Weight (75%) expo 20 (manual flying)
low switch down Weight (50%) expo 20 (manual flying)

Now I want to set remote gain to
Basic gain to S1 dial
Attitude gain to S2 dial

I prefer not to use the sliders for this as the sliders are in a location that can be nudged accidently.The s1/s2 are in a better location as they cannot be nudged accidently s1/s2 dials also have more friction/tighter/locked in turning feeling.
I have yet to find a good tutorial to do this.
I will save the sliders for my gimble.Sound like a good setup?
Seems intuitive enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator: