•Free Ground Station function available without S/N, 50 waypoints supported Message?

Lupoella

HI, does anyone out there knows how to obtain the ground station software without the S/N?. This is the message I obtain with the firmware update: Free Ground Station function available without S/N, 50 waypoints supported.

Rainman

HI, does anyone out there knows how to obtain the ground station software without the S/N?. This is the message I obtain with the firmware update: Free Ground Station function available without S/N, 50 waypoints supported.

You need to buy the data link which comes with the CD to allow you to install it ... its not actually on the CD, its a downloader. Even if you had the software via some other means you still need the data link to make use of the free 50 waypoints.

remyd

You need to buy the data link which comes with the CD to allow you to install it ... its not actually on the CD, its a downloader. Even if you had the software via some other means you still need the data link to make use of the free 50 waypoints.

but they are now free which if you paid for them in the past might make you feel ripped :( especially if you have several units.

Rainman

but they are now free which if you paid for them in the past might make you feel ripped :( especially if you have several units.

The datalink isn't free so I'm not seeing your point. Like everything in life, stuff only has a limited shelf life before it gets discounted or discontinued, particularly in a fast moving market which is thick with innovation, much like the multirotor market is right now. So whats the alternative? DJI sit with tonnes of stock of a product in their inventory that they've superseded? They have to move it or they take a loss on scrapped inventory. If you're an early adopter then you make your choice, pay your money and you take your chance. If you waited around for the best deal then you'll spend your life doing nothing and just going backwards. I just bought the WKM deal with 50 waypoints and for me the waypoints were the real sweetener in the deal, not that I'm going to use them but I know how much you had to pay for them. Now they're free I don't feel in the least bit upset because all the other stuff in the bundle still makes for a good deal.

remyd

The datalink isn't free so I'm not seeing your point. Like everything in life, stuff only has a limited shelf life before it gets discounted or discontinued, particularly in a fast moving market which is thick with innovation, much like the multirotor market is right now. So whats the alternative? DJI sit with tonnes of stock of a product in their inventory that they've superseded? They have to move it or they take a loss on scrapped inventory. If you're an early adopter then you make your choice, pay your money and you take your chance. If you waited around for the best deal then you'll spend your life doing nothing and just going backwards. I just bought the WKM deal with 50 waypoints and for me the waypoints were the real sweetener in the deal, not that I'm going to use them but I know how much you had to pay for them. Now they're free I don't feel in the least bit upset because all the other stuff in the bundle still makes for a good deal.

The datalink was never free. Additionally, the purchase of waypoints was quite expensive given that other brands did have them free, but yes as an early adopter i agree the choice was mine to both go with DJI and to pay for the extras and i am not not really complaining as i have used the feature extensively. However, operating 3 multirotors all with waypoints required considerable extra funds and i know many companies that reward customer loyalty and also have strong customer support. I also run the Aceone system but couldn't afford the multiwaypoint version at an extra 7-8k (and still is) to enable the feature. DJI don't particularly reward customers who have aligned with their brand and as they move forward with new products it would be nice to see some customer loyalty program particularly as they improve the products in the brand. Just saying and probably dreaming! I am glad for all the people that now get it for free after the purchase of a radio modem as it is useful in some situations but not all.
Cheers,
Remy