Photohigher RSGS Skyline Owners thread

Its a little bit frustrating trying to adjust the skyline , tilt crazy spinning , roll sometimes level sometimes not and you cant control the command speed like you do in mikrokopter software , in slave mode you can do it with Tx atv adjust but for continuos turn not to a given position ......... :dread::dread::dread: that software needs a lot of work..

reddinos

received mine, installed it but the tilt will spin like crazy, it almost destroyed the av130 i had to unplug it super fast! the instruccions are useless... is the skyline supposed to move with the tilt tray?

what battery are u guys using to power thisthing?

i am scared of it now, i feel like if i keep trying to make this work, i will end up trashing my 800 bucks mount...

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I also receiver the skyline yesterday but I'm getting unlimited tilt rotating. It just won't stop rotating.
I placed mine on the side where there is no servo (AV130). Is this ok? I got a mail (from my webshop) that it need to be placed at the other side (potmeter side), but at a AV130 there is no space?

Does the tiltpot meter needs to be removed at all? On the av200 it says that the potmeter needs to be removed, but didnt see it on the AV130.

Anyone?

On the AV130 the Skyline goes on the side opposite the tilt servo. You can leave the pots in place but they must be disconnected from the servos. Note that with the AV130 you must connect to the setup program before the Skyline fully powers up and set both servos to reverse, failure to do that will result in both servos spinning like mad. Once you reverse the servos and apply power the servos will stabilize and then you can proceed to work on the settings. One thing to keep in mind, DO NOT connect more than 6.5 volts to the skyline, if you plan to use a separate battery you should also use a BEC and limit the voltage to 6 - 6.5 volts maximum.

Ken

reddinos

On the AV130 the Skyline goes on the side opposite the tilt servo. You can leave the pots in place but they must be disconnected from the servos. Note that with the AV130 you must connect to the setup program before the Skyline fully powers up and set both servos to reverse, failure to do that will result in both servos spinning like mad. Once you reverse the servos and apply power the servos will stabilize and then you can proceed to work on the settings. One thing to keep in mind, DO NOT connect more than 6.5 volts to the skyline, if you plan to use a separate battery you should also use a BEC and limit the voltage to 6 - 6.5 volts maximum.

Ken

thanks man for the quick reply! u dont seem to be using an external battery to power the skyline... i wonder where are you pulling power from? and lets say i want an external battery, which one should i get?

thanks.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors

thanks man for the quick reply! u dont seem to be using an external battery to power the skyline... i wonder where are you pulling power from? and lets say i want an external battery, which one should i get?

thanks.

No, I don't use a separate battery for the Skyline/gimbal servos, I have a BEC that taps power from the main distribution board and then limits it to 6 volts. I see no reason to have an indepent battery unless the gimbal is tied to an indepent RX plus I have ample power from the main pack which makes it less of aa PITA to connect the gimbal servos.

Doesn't really matter what battery you use for an independant source, just makes ure to use a BEC and limit the power the Skyline sees to no more than 6.5 volts, preferably 6.0 volts to be on the safe side. When I was testing a prototype Skyline I had it drawing power from the main RX and the servos seemed to work fine that way so I see no need to go higher than 6 volts.

Ken

reddinos

alot of great info!

my question is... in the av130 is the skyline supposed to rotate with the tray? (i just watched the youtube link and i can see the skyline rotating with the camera tray! is that how it is supposed to be with the av130 too? i setup mine and is not rotating!

thanks

red.

reddinos

my skyline is working now! (running from a separate lipo+BEC at 6V) thanks for the help! i am going out tomorrow to test it out on the field! super thanks for all the help and explanations!

pretty sure my settings are not the best, so if anyone has it running on a av130 please share your values! its really confusing... what is the Servo Center Tune? what values do you guys have in there? and what about the gains? i am running it default for now and even tho is working, it feels very steppy!

thanks!

red.

cropter

Hi,

I got the Skyline to work at least half way. It will stabilize tilt and roll, and I can change tilt with my tx in slew mode. But Skyline ignores any roll input from the receiver, so I cannot trim roll. Does this work on your systems ?

Regards
cropter

jappie911

I did not had roll connected to my reciever yesterday with my succesfull testflight.. so I don't know.

@Photohigher, the new instructions look good and complete to me.. and the procedure is a bit different from what I did, So maybe I can get the Jitter away..

And from what I read I must have had slew mode activated, seeing the reactions on my knob of transmitter for Tilt. I will look and test today..

jelte

And what if you just use the pulse wire from coming the FlightCtrl , and set the compensation in the MKTool to zero?

reddinos

More Tuning! already happy with it!

www.vimeo.com/44849374

bench fun...

Please note that the laser is very close to the camera and this causes the video not to be 100% straight. anything at a distance of 20ft or more will be rock solid.
reddinos.

Michael64

Is having a separate receiver for the Skyline and necessity or can it be connected the the receiver on the machine. Seems having a radio just setting there is a waste.

Michael64