Looking to buy, Need opinion (FAA ?)

GL0C

Hey everyone. I am looking for some recommendations to what kind of drone that would best suite me. I am looking to do the following maybe not off the bat but in time after practice.

1) FPV - just for flying fun no racing or anything to crazy. this option is a must. Perfer Goggles options
2) Follow - I like to do many different sports and maybe have it follow my car etc..it would be nice to have it follow me for extra video.this feature would be nice to have.
3) video - not a requirement but would like the 3 gimbal axis but I would settle for 2 for price.(1080P - 4k)
4) Use - easy to use. with the possibility of to advance modes in future.
5) price - looking for something that wont break the bank. I like the 700-800 and under price points.

I am also wondering what are the some of the things I need to look for with concerning FAA and the maybe license I should look to get etc..? basic dos and donts etc..

Thanks for your input I appreciate your help, and advice.

Last edited:

GL0C

Mavic pro or Mavic air.

Ive done some research, I have narrowed it down to those two. Do you have any recommendations between the two? I see the pro has a longer flight distance and time but the air is smaller and has a better bit rate. Does the FPV goggles work with the AIR?

dronevibes

Administrator
DroneVibes
If your going to fly commercially you will need a 107, as for dones I would with mavic unless your trying to fly for money.

TDix

If you have never flown before might be a good idea to start with something simpler and then move up. Both of those drones are on my "next up" list, but being fairly new to the hobby I picked up a Parrot Bebop for under $125 and that way I can learn without the fear of seeing my $1000 toy smashed on the ground. Just a suggestion.