Need Help! Sorting my way through this maze

Gymnogene

Dear members, newby here. Man o man, where to start, I've trolled through this site and forum and am in total despair.
To start, Thankyou Bartman for you tutorials, well put together and very informative and to other members for their input.
So, the configurations are infinite and confusing and with constant upgrades to motors and and all the other paranafalia, just impossible to get a grip on as a beginner . So ideally it would make sense to buy a RTF ( to totally send newer newby than myself of to the acronyms list) but that is a cop out, I build stuff and try to understand why it is like it is, but unlike photography where you don't have to build your camera but do need to know how it works and what the various accessories and lenses do and what software to use in post etc etc, this is something else.
Is there a format or system that is based on something like a family tree with UAV as the starting point, then fields i.e. Racing , heavy lifting, miniature etc,then spreads out into various possibilities/recommendations/links with required formulas interspersed that may be adjusted or altered by members to suit what they can afford or what is available to them locally .
Also, can tutorials and other educational , technicals be locked to the beginning of a forum, or help, discussions, products be listed separately.
Would love to hear about this
Regards

Jason S

my first build was dji 450 easy enough to build and solder and get it flying theres a build forum somewhere too

JCLs

You describe a nicely organized process for a rapidly evolving environment that is still just still a juvenile and growing extremely fast. Must be an engineer. Wonder how I recognize one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gymnogene

You describe a nicely organized process for a rapidly evolving environment that is still just still a juvenile and growing extremely fast. Must be an engineer. Wonder how I recognize one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFX

I would second the DJI (flame wheel) 450. The kit cost is pretty reasonable although you still need to get a radio and an fpv system.