losi vs jst connectors

Which connector are you using for micro quads?

• Jst

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Losi

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skywinder

I see that most of micro/mini quads using these connectors. Now I have 50% of jst and 50 of Losi connectors. Are there any advantages one to another? Or they equal?
Seems like losi is quite lighter than jst and it's harder to put it in wrong polarity (as I can see, in jst connectors only one plastic cap protect you from putting in wrong polarity). Thoughts?

Attachments

• losi.jpeg
    losi.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 441
  • jst.jpeg
    jst.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 438

Old Man

Visit Mouser Electronics and review how many types of JST connectors there are. What you depict is but a single version of a great many.

Losi is nice but expensive for what they are and not as widely available. Select a connector by establishing what it needs to do and where it is to be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a ridge on one side of the male JST connector as memory serves, you would have to distort the shape the connect to force them together wrong...

I think the JST gives a better lock up in my experience, I have betters for a VooDoo micro quad that actually have both connectors on a 1s battery. I use the Losi to charge and the JST to fly....just how my parallel cables and drone are put together nothing else.

Do note when using Losi connectors, some people are running things reversed. I believe an actual Losi car battery is the exactly opposite of say a hubsan drone using the same connector. I noticed when I tried using a losi parallel bundle to charge hubsan batteries and got a warning for reverse polarity. I don't have anything losi so I just swapped wires.