Any good alternatives for KDE motors in a professional environment?

Noah410

Hey everyone. I'm looking to build a sky hero spyder X8 (with 800mm extensions). And I noticed that KDE has very high quality motors and folding prop setups. But I don't want to sink in $200 per motor and $100+ per set of props. So are there any alternative brands for motors that could spin 16" props?

Old Man

T-Motor and Avroto and a couple that come to mind for motors. You can have high quality or cheap, but not both and in the parts you are referencing quality is critical.

Noah410

Tmotors or KDE are the only two companies I would call professional grade. Never tried Avroto motors.
Thanks for the input. I'm definitely aware that Tmotor and KDE are the two top companies for professional motors, but I was wondering if there were any other companies lurking in the shadows of the internet. Thanks for that conformation though!

SamaraMedia

KDE, TMotor and Avroto are your best shot at quality and performance. Building an X8 to carry a decent DSLR, GH4 or A7 you want something reliable but 8x anything, motors, esc's, props become a serious investment.