Mini Cams

Old Man

Came across this at another forum but it's interesting enough to repeat here. These could be quite useful tools for some applications.

Old Man

Just took a look at their site. The -WiFi with gyro anti shake runs $139.00. That's not bad at all for something this small to have image stabilization.

maxwelltub

I recently saw an early production model of a camera that looked a lot like a GoPro but had a micro four thirds sensor and mount and an LCD screen. I can't remember what it was called but i would expect it to be announced in the coming months.

Old Man

Looked at the price of the 64gig SanDisk micro SD in the link. If you have a Costco nearby you can get one for ~$22.00. Costco online has them at $27.00. They handle video capture very well.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Now we know why the Black Magic Micro has been delayed lol! It looks like the Z1 slays it

WANT
I keep patiently waiting on the BM Micro Cinema. What I really want is the rc control of the camera as well as their famous dynamic range....

From a z1 review, which begs the question, do we dare have wifi and/or bluetooth on when we fly?

Connect & Control - Z's E1 is equipped with proprietary applications for iOS and Android, already available in the Apple App Store and Google Play. These apps provide the ability to control, live stream and manage content via their Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0-enabled devices. Users can leave the camera in standby mode and remotely power the E1, whether it's powered on or off, a feature not available with most other camera models. Once powered on, users can control and trigger the camera without physical contact. Additionally, this allows for easy download of photos or videos and sharing content, direct from a mobile device.

These features allow the camera to be an ideal solution for use during documentaries or live events. A videographer can mount the E1 from the ceiling prior to the event using a standard tripod mount accessory, provide a direct AC power source into the camera and avoid the need to physically access the camera in order to power it on. This is also a perfect solution for drone use so a drone pilot can remotely power the camera on only when needed without having to land the drone in order to set it up.

SamaraMedia

Not sure if it slays it. They are an unknown camera manufacturer with a first time product from a Kickstarter campaign and no track record. BMMC has a lot more going for it for $300 more despite not having in camera 4k recording. IMO I would prefer the global shutter, dynamic range and bit rate. Look at all the complaints from Inspire Pro owners that the new camera is a disappointment. DJI has a reputation (good or bad) as a drone maker but their first venture into the micro 4/3 camera with interchangeable lens field shows they have some growing pains in the video field. I'll wait for some of the beta testers to see just how well the Z will perform in the field, not enough info on the camera for me to plop down any cash at this time, and I'm in the market for a good, reliable 4k camera for a hex and/or X8 build this winter.

violetwolf

Oh I did didn't realize they were a kickstarter startup company. Buyer beware indeed!

The specs and price look good. I hope it pans out. Who wants to go first?.... 00