Q&A with Max Tubman (@Maxwelltub) of XM2 Aerials

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
If you saw our latest "Drone" Radio Live show then you know our featured guest was Max Tubman, formerly of Steam Machine Aerial and now Director of N. American Ops. with XM2 Aerial (www.XM2.com). We spoke with Max at length about his experiences as a production company turned aerial company and the subsequent sale of his company to XM2.

Have questions for Max that we didn't ask? See something during the show that you'd like to ask about? Here's your chance!

@maxwelltub , thanks Max for offering to field questions here at MultiRotorForums.com for our members.

You can see Max's appearance on "Drone" Radio Live here;
http://multirotorforums.com/threads...ubman-steam-machine-aerial.29133/#post-218678

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
That's the one he was going to bring to the studio tonight but then couldn't because it had to be shipped to a gig! :( and double :( !

maxwelltub

Ya that big guy is pretty cool. It's 12s so low current and runs pretty cool and surprisingly quite. We'll have a lot of cool toys at the IDE show in LA.

maxwelltub

Hey Jason,
This is a gryphon dynamics frame. One of the reasons I first started using these because of their modular capabilities. Before I joined XM2 I was flying a GDX8 1000mm frame with U7 420KVs. However XM2 uses the big bother version. I was one of the very early adopters of the Gryphon frames and although I didn't have any big issues with the frame there where some modifications that had to be done to improve the functionality of it. XM2 is using the newest versions of the Gyphon frames and they are pretty awesome and they have some really cool features coming out soon. This airframe is our standard work horse and is a 1400mm size. However depending on the specs of the job the arms can be swapped to hold different motor and ESC combos. We are going to be revealing some more news at the IDE show coming up, and I think until then I have to keep my mouth zipped on some of the component details. But the show is coming up soon so hold tight and stay tuned.