A2 Antenna broken

premiernc

Hey Guys,
I have an antenna that was severed right after the gray shrink wrap on my A2. Is this a repairable thing or are there any spare parts out there? My small understanding of antenna and the wavelengths involved make me very leery of putting the copter back up without this issue corrected somehow.
Thoughts?

scotth

I had the same thing happen. Cut the heat shrink back and you will see a brass tube that serves as the ground plane. Unsolder that from the shield and cut it back to expose the center lead to exactly the same length as the good one. Resolder. Just be careful not to short out the center lead to the shield. The insulation seems pretty heat tolerant but don't loiter any longer than necessary with the heat. I haven't had the receiver apart but have been told the antenna plugs in if you can get one from DJI.

Bryharv

ditto, mine broke at the same place. Seems yet another problem with the A2. I think it fatigues at that spot due to the leverage against the brass tube, with the wind hitting the filament above. I just cut mine back below the brass tube and made sure the exposed filament was same length as the other one. works fine.