Ronin m. What do you guys think for aerial?

Yea this video has been out there for a long time, but the claim is so outlandish (240mm) and so out of sync with the other videos I saw that it's difficult to take it seriously. From what I've seen, the Movi is a touch worse than a Z15, but of course much better from a user perspective. The Movi kills the Ronin however.

sk8brd

yeah its an old video. there another one on his vimeo page of some skiers also long lens more recent. he's a talented guy so that has a huge part in as well. the video you posted looked pretty dam good. honestly i would be happy with any of the 3-minus the ronin of course. the zens great when it works right, movi looks great and yours looks good to. in the end were all a fan of what works. i think most want the least amount of headaches and not be limited creatively... at least i do. couldn't get there with the zens. need something that works day in and out and if something is wrong gets fixed fast.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Would love to see the DYS take down the Movi , know way it will

I have the DYS Eagle Eye and like it. Bit heavy, but pretty easy to adjust and too big for some of the newer cameras that will be coming out in the future.. However, they will never take down the Movi at any price as you can't get parts for it. If I break something, I'll have to buy another or manufacture something myself. Zero, nada for parts at this time... Movi is for pros and a few hobbyists. DYS is for those with little or no budget and lots of time to tune.

I would never consider a RoninM unless it was a 2 for 1 sale under 2k total U.S. dollars. I have an inspire and it's a joy to fly but have had some issues and their service is abysmal. 6-8 weeks with little communication when you send one in for repair. You wait and it's pretty silent while you wait.

Hopefully they will get that figured out, but even with all my issues with figuring out gimbals, I'd never consider a DJI gimbal, unless it was cheap and a throw away.

Wondering what you guys think of the Align G3 gimbals:

Here's the link to the GH flavor:
http://www.align.com.tw/aerial-equip-en/multicopter/g3gh/

I'm about to pull the trigger on this as it's the best I can afford at this time that hopefully won't have me spending all my time balancing and tuning. I've heard good and bad things about it, though that seems to be the case for every gimbal out there. Vibrations seem to be the main complaint on this gimbal, but it's designed to fly on the Align copters, which are fairly shaky (literally) from what I've heard.

Would love to know if anyone has any info or experience with this guy.

ovdt

Guys,

I have tried almost every gimbal on the market, including DIY solutions based on Alexmos and Phobotic CPHV; Ronin, Gremsy H14 Plus and Movi's.

For professional performance, nothing comes close to Movi in terms of performance, reliability, dependability.

I bought Gremsy H14 Plus with a huge hope but even after several months I couldn't use it even for once for commercial work because of the steppy move on the tilt axis, which Gremsy also accepts this. They changed the unit but, it's the same. Its horizon hold performance is not good.

Freefly announced a new replacement antenna for Movi's GPS. It improves a lot.

CPHV, once it's dialed in, is performing nice but don't wait miracles with horizon there also.

All of the videos showing horizon while yawing is not a reference. Panning while moving fast and looking down/up shows the real horizon performance.

Without a GPS, gimbals will suffer horizon drift.

maxwelltub

Guys,

I have tried almost every gimbal on the market, including DIY solutions based on Alexmos and Phobotic CPHV; Ronin, Gremsy H14 Plus and Movi's.

For professional performance, nothing comes close to Movi in terms of performance, reliability, dependability.

I bought Gremsy H14 Plus with a huge hope but even after several months I couldn't use it even for once for commercial work because of the steppy move on the tilt axis, which Gremsy also accepts this. They changed the unit but, it's the same. Its horizon hold performance is not good.

Freefly announced a new replacement antenna for Movi's GPS. It improves a lot.

CPHV, once it's dialed in, is performing nice but don't wait miracles with horizon there also.

All of the videos showing horizon while yawing is not a reference. Panning while moving fast and looking down/up shows the real horizon performance.

Without a GPS, gimbals will suffer horizon drift.

Definitely agree. Lots of time you think your saving money, but with the time and head ache you pay more.

Pumpkinguy

There are quite a few pros that are happy with the Gremsy h14. Maybe they've just learned to work with its quirks or have just never used a movi so don't know how much better it is.

Cameraj

The Movi just works, I've tried all the other ways. If you want to tune till your head falls off that's what other gimbals will give you,

Cameraj

Well just to give this one last try, i put the CP board on a tpacks gimbal, i have the same problems. Man what is a guy supposed to do to get this thing to work. I have two of the CP Boards and have know working gimbals.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Well just to give this one last try, i put the CP board on a tpacks gimbal, i have the same problems. Man what is a guy supposed to do to get this thing to work. I have two of the CP Boards and have know working gimbals.

What is "the same problem"?

I took my CP off my eagle eye today and put it on a smaller diy gimbal I made from scratch. Took 2 tries to get autotune properly. Just 1 quick flight before the rain came. I've had good luck with the CP on 2 diy gimbals and the eagle eye.

One thing I've learned on the 3 axis gimbals is they will never work if you don't get the right yaw motor. In my case I've tried to go lighter with smaller motors and it's gotten me into trouble.

Queena Allen

Capture the world, recording life!
Motors are the key for a camera stabilizer gimbal. No matter the gimbal is mounted to a flying subject or handheld for ground shooting, the gimbal should reply on motors to balance and stabilize cameras. So most gimbals are 3-axis motorized. If your guys want to have more choices for aerial shots, here is another one-MOZA lite. It is a lightweight gimbal designed for mirrorless cameras and common dslrs.

Hi guys!
Any new observation?
I wanna buy gimbal for aerial and ground work. I really like the Movi M5 but for that price I could have 2 Ronin Ms or Ronin M + Phantom 3P...
What do you think?
Thank you!!! :)

maxwelltub

Not good for aerial, you need a gimble with gps for aerial. The gremsy now has can bus support which means it can use the dji gps.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
For the record: only Gremsy H3 & H16 have the canbus support. Little disappointing they didn't offer a mod for the H6.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
AND it smells out only a bit before the H3 & H16. It's a real bummer. Perhaps they will figure out a way to retrofit it to the H6.

I think the hang-up is the yaw motor having no through-hole.