So Where have the Albums gone!?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
All my picture on here seem to have disappeared. Has any one else lost all the photos they have uploaded?

Have you all still got your albums?

D

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So these upload but not to an album!

Attachments

• Aerial Vue Poppies2_3.jpg
    Aerial Vue Poppies2_3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 475
  • Close up of turbine.jpg
    Close up of turbine.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 483

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Dave,

I'm not sure, you're the first to ask. They may have been lost in the move to the new software. Are you interested in having them available for display here at the new site or are you trying to retrieve image files that you don't have copies of?

Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I tried to help someone by pointing them here BUT every single picture I ever posted has gone from the site replaced by a question mark! ALL the individual build photos in the SjyJibX4 thread, all the pictures of any technical question I tied to help with.. ho hum.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Unrelated....Dave how the heck do you land that Y6 with that gear???
With skill on a specially designed platform, if its real windy and I am not alone its hand launched/retreived.. @ Yuri how the hell are you anyhow? thought you had chucked the towel in!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Skill? Dammit, there was no mention of that prerequisite on the box!

I did throw in the towel. Every now and then I get asked to fly for someone and if it is totally remote and safe Ill do it. I have also subbed out jobs to friends and skimmed a little off the top. But usually I am so happy to not be associated with all the overnight "professionals" it kinda feels good to have just stepped back. I do mis flying but it's the same situation where there really arent any friendly places to fly other than inside my shop. I saved my Y6 for fun and sold almost everything else. We've opened a production studio with 6500 Sqft of stage/screens/event space. I'm mostly involved with the motion graphics end of things. And on top of that I got my metal fabrication business that feeds all of the above(barely). Thanks for asking. Hope all is well on your side of the pond.

Bartman

We've opened a production studio with 6500 Sqft of stage/screens/event space. I'm mostly involved with the motion graphics end of things.
That's really good to hear Yuri, as I recall you were very into that

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Dave,

I'm not sure, you're the first to ask. They may have been lost in the move to the new software. Are you interested in having them available for display here at the new site or are you trying to retrieve image files that you don't have copies of?
Bart
I tried to help someone by pointing them here BUT every single picture I ever posted has gone from the site replaced by a question mark! ALL the individual build photos in the SjyJibX4 thread, all the pictures of any technical question I tied to help with.. ho hum.
Forgive me @Droider, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. I've seen something similar where some of my old posts (not all) which included an image now no longer contain the image. Doesn't matter much to me really.

My biggest question for the new forum functionality is image upload. When I upload an image (say, one that is 2MB in size, it gets cut down to something like 49KB and then presto, you can't look at it in all it's full size glory. I've seen others here that have posted hi-res photos to explain an idea or show a mod, but I can't seem to do it! Nothing in the "Help" file explains how images are handled here. Just sayin'.

Bartman

I'll have to look at the settings, this is probably something that can be adjusted in the back end. As for images with broken links, there was a migration of our 4 yr old database from the old software to the new site and for the most part everything transferred very well. If you see broken links you should try to edit the post because in a lot of case the info is still in there but the software is just unable to display it. By editing you can correct the issue and a lot of times it will fix it.

HTML will often be at the heart of the problem because our new software doesn't allow HTML in posts as it can be an entry point for hackers.

I believe there is a photo gallery add-on available, I'll have to look into it and see about having it installed here.

Thanks for the comments, I'll work on it.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So have ALL photos from ALL threads from the previous forum disappeared?

For the instructional threads that would be a disaster. Video links still work but hours of work explaining procedures with the help of screen grabs and photos are now pretty pointless wit out the picture content.

All mine just have a question mark where the photo used to be.

Buzz_Roavr

I wouldn't mind betting they have Dave. A similar thing happened a few years back on another forum I'm involved with.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@IrisAerial I' am doing well. things over here are getting tighter wit the on slaughter of the fly it out of the box tossers and I fear boxing day is going to be a total mind fook with Phantoms everywhere, 2000 a month here in the UK so christ knows how many in the US. The Inspire will encourage a whole new generation.. Anyhow CAA over here cracking down with new standards for safety axe for leaga operators and the more idiots get near miss reports by commercial aircraft the more they will be prosecuted.. Operators sticking to the rules and working with the regulators will survive and when the fad is over we will be left to give the industry a safe and quality service in the UK.

Good luck with everything and all the best for the pissup ahead! ;-)
Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Buzz_Roavr when you back down here? Was wanting to have a fly in for Northern ARPAS members at my gaff. bit like the southern members meet in a pub…. but with a difference coz UP't err we can fly unrestricted!

D

Bartman

Images that were uploaded to a thread should still be there, pls post a link/example for specific thread where they are not and I'll look into it when I am back home this evening.
I will have time to investigate this more tonight...been traveling the last 24 hours.

Buzz_Roavr

@Buzz_Roavr when you back down here? Was wanting to have a fly in for Northern ARPAS members at my gaff. bit like the southern members meet in a pub…. but with a difference coz UP't err we can fly unrestricted!

D

Just after Christmas Dave. I was thinking of putting something on the group for early Jan?

Bartman

i have been in touch with our developer about this so please be patient as we try to get it worked out.

Bart