iOSD logs not showing

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I was trying to look at my iOSD log files. The ones where flights occurred were large files as expected however on loading the Data Viewer no data was showing. Oddly the time line shows from -0.6s to +0.6s which is clearly not right!

I have searched the forums and come across other people asking about this but no answer was given as it was going slightly off topic from the original thread.

Incidentally, I have seen this happen on other people's logs and assumed it was a fault with the A2 (Ive not come across this when the iOSD is attached to a Wookong) however I am not sure that is the case at all. From all the fettling I did today, I would say it's an iOSD problem.

The setup I have been using today is an A2 at the latest firmware 2.6 and the iOSD also at the latest firmware. The iOSD had logs from the A2's 2.3 and 2.6 firmware versions and all logs were the same

Anyone any ideas on how to solve this?

ACP

Since Firmware 2.3 there is a change in the Log data. As for now there is no way to read the data yourself. Dji China are the only people able to read the data AT THE MOMENT. You can send it to them and they will "translate" it for you.
Dji are working on a solution.
This is a shame as it makes it harder to tune your Multirotos, as we discovered.

Carapau

Ah, okay. I have seen this on 2.1 and 2.3 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carapau

Attachments

• iOSD log.jpg
    iOSD log.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 386

Olsen

Same here. I tried a second iOSD, a second A2 and different Zenmuse gimbals (GH3 and BMPCC). My log files look like yours. With disconnected Zenmuse (CAN and POWER) the logs are recorded normal and readable. I tried also a CANbus-HUB at different points in the CANbus - no change in the log files. Early july i wrote a mail to my customer and he sent it to dji china with priority... never heard a reply. Since then I flew my S1000 without iOSD.
I think i should call my dealer tomorrow.

kloner

Aerial DP
I saw this when i'd upgrade the FC and not osd,,,,, and vice versa..... you need to run all the latest firmwares to get the thing to talk to itself. a2 has been a lot more touchy than WK was.

Carapau

These are shots taken from a system where everything has been upgraded to the latest firmware so firmware mismatch can be ruled out at this stage.

Olsen

Today I called my dealer. He told me that he recieved an answer from dji china regarding this problem about 10 days ago. Dji told him that the only problem is the data viewer software. As ACP mentioned a few posts above.
They are working on the problem. I hope so at least.

Carapau

Well if that's the case then that is good to know- lets hope they hurry up with getting this sorted.

I have found a work around to this issue... Change the X axis to be the Main_Voltage on each data point you want to see on the graph... The voltage drop of the main battery happens across the time that you use it so, the Main_Voltage can replace time on the X-Axis... It isn't pretty but you get an expanded graph
View attachment 23017

The graph shows me that all my motor outputs are alike and the motors are functioning as I would expect...

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-29_6-19-31.png
    upload_2015-1-29_6-19-31.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 410

snurre

Well if that's the case then that is good to know- lets hope they hurry up with getting this sorted.

Glad I found this thread. I was getting really confused and disappointed with this problem. Now I am just disappointed.
I am on the latest firmware for everything, latest iOSD assistant / Data Viewer. Experiencing exactly the same problem you have described.
So it´s the Data Viewer software that needs fixing? (And why the **** did they break it?)
Quite a few months since your first report on this thread. - And STILL no solution??!

I have a substantial need to analyze what is going on in my X8 and not being able to display the logs is a bummer. :mad:

Tom

A2, iOSDmkII, GPS PRO PLUS, Datalink 2,4, DJI 5,8 downlink, and in line for installation LB.