Mikrokopter Mikrokopter DW AD8 HL SHAKING IN AIR vol 2

Copterman

Hello Everyone!

I have Droidworx Ad-8 HL frame with MK electronics.

The problem is that i have tried all possible gyro settings and what so ever the kopter is shaking in wind gust even in 5 or less m/sec.
We even tried to change flight control...nothing still the same problem. Even tried to fly in heading hold mode then the gyros and Acc are not compensating but still shaking.

There is video footage of it. There is 3 videos.. first is from outside.. but suddenly that day was NO wind so the copter is quite stable from outside but from air you can see what i am talking about.
ANY ideas?
http://youtu.be/Vcj0g4n618Q

wizprod

I think you have 2-3 problems:

1: Bad gyro settings for wind
2: Lots of vibes reaching the FC (if you are using the built in mk cam stab ?)
3: Nick servo-slack

Possible solution:
1: Please post your settings file, along with arm distance, weight, motor info and prop size/pitch, but try to follow the guide in MK wiki
2: Isolate your fc better, balance your motors/props, stiffen your frame
3: Better servo, oildampers, better in-camera stabilization or other create solutions

Copterman

1...we have tried ALL possible settings and still copter is shaking.. settings are made specialy for wind...
2. - i am using picloc 3xpro not MK stab.
3. yes... i found out that nick servo has little slack... but the servo should be quite new...what can couse that slack?

wizprod

1: Check that your fc and navi is securely mounted. Also, post a video of the craft shaking :)
2: Wow, then you really need to tweak the settings... ! I have one too, and it's much much steadier.
3: All servos have slack :) Some more than others.

Copterman

2: the gibmal IS quite smooth... but the copter itself is shaking.. today i hardmount gopro to ad8 and then you can see..
3. what i can do with the slack? I asume that i have to buy new one.. eventhough that sould be new.. its original servo for av200 by savöx

Pjtyros

Looking at the copter in the first part of the video I could see nothing wrong, looks like you are using a Skyline gyro if so remove it and bin it!!!!! look at the hundreds of posts in the skyline thread. By tuning the gimbal you will get it much better but you will not remove it. I had same setup and the same problem although I could see shaking in the craft that I could not find it went away when I re-flashed the MK firmware. I have now removed the skyline and fitted the Hoverfly Gimbal and all is well. By far the best solution is to fit Radians although they are way way over priced.
Paul

Copterman

Hi..

Yes that day when i was doing that video.. copter from outside.. there was NO wind... problem occurs when there is wind...when no wind then everything is OK
allso i am not using skyline gyro i use Picoloc

wizprod

1: would still like to see the settings file, and have the info requested in my first reply. I'm quite sure it can be stable if the cause is not mechanical.
2: I don't agree on this. If that was the case you wouldn't have such horrendous performance form the picloc in your no-wind video. Hardmounting to both frame and gimbal would be very helpful
3: Cheapest hack is an oildamper (without the spring). It will minimize the slack, but not eliminate it.

Copterman

Allso i am posting current gyro settings...

P:130
i:100
D:18

Dynamic stability 70
Acc/gyro factor 27
Acc/gyro Comp 32

Main i 16
Drift comp 0
Gyro stability 8
Motor smooth 0

smartaquad

All motors turning smooth, balanced together with props?
Gyro stab too high? maby 6?
Acc/gyro Comp 50-80
GyroD: 25
Good luck!

smartaquad

Isnt that noise coming from the or some motors???
SOmething definetly wrong there:dejection:
The only time I heard something like it was when I put a 4s batery on a MK clone FLctrl, the Recoms where 3s at the most and when it landed it started to do that cracling noise...

wizprod

Gyro I to 140
Gyro stab to 3 or 4

But really, those motors.. Damn! It could be a bad bearing or a magnet hitting the stator?
Try looking into the log of MK. Maybe you can see some retors during Flight, or one motor drawing more amps?

Did you try to hard mount a gopro to the frame? My guess is you have a crazy amount of vibration hitting the fc. Thus the erratic Flight behaviour.

Lanzar

FIrst spin the motors in mk software one by one and make shure someone is holding the copter.
After this you will see which motor makes a strange noise. Check for slack for bearings.
After you isolated the motor you could resolger it to one normal esc and try it with it if it still makes the noise or resolger it to the other esc on the MK board and try again.
I am waiting for gopro footage also. Since the only good thing from video is the sound here. As for flying it all depends on gains and skils on MK. It is not dji.

Do you have it in the same mode as you program it in the MK tools. SInce when you are changing numbers and nothign happens.

Checkhttp://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/StickSetup/Mode2 for different modes.

Copterman

The motors are not doing that noise...noise is coming somewhere from Electronics... when you spin motors separately with motortest then no that noise..
Allso i tried yesterday allso gyro i 140 and stab 3-4-5 what ever settings i try.. copter goes to more sluggist or more agressive but still you can see the arms are vibrating and copter is always ''searching''
Allso.. if you look that winter video.. that is also not normal.. what do you think about that?

Lanzar

I have another suggestion.

Check all the capacitors on the bl controlers. THis looks like they are not on the copter anymore or have broken conectors or loose. They are located on bottom and top so please check that. Also there must be some icc errors on the MK tools while running the copter. Cause the flight is ok for mikrokopter only the vibrations are not fine. But this tweetching off motors and stability is not ok.

I think capacitors are the main reason.

Copterman

Yes i have mode2...what i ment in that what ever settings i try the vibration and shaking is not going away.. the copter is acting to different settings...but shaking and vibration dont go away.. that is the problem...