Mikrokopter Flightctrl help for a new owner v2.1

Hi, I bought a second hand Hexakopter and all has been well until I logged in (first time) to try and reverse the camera gimbal. On first log in everything seemed fine, all four green lights were lit (gps etc) I had a browse and realised it was a lot more complicated and turned it off. The second time I connected the USB, and turned it all on, the Flightctrl shows a red LED next to the Green one and it starts beeping error code 7 no receiver..

Since this I now just have the flightctrl connected, no other boards and not even the spectrum dsm 2 receiver. Process of elimination!! It still beeps the no receiver set of beeps but the worse thing is that since the one time it all worked, the USB connector does not see the fligtcntrl and just reports no connection, I have gone to the terminal window and tried to reset the device but again it says it cant see it.. HELP!!! why the sudden unresponsiveness of it? Anyone out there have an idea..... It all worked fine until I connected my computer to it for the first time. I also made sure that I had either the jumper on the usb jobbie or I took it off and used the lipoly as my laptop does not seem to have enough USB power to keep it happy.

If I just have the flightctrl connected should I be able to see some activity in the MikroKopter tool or do i need other things connected. I read somewhere I can short out number 11 capacitor but sounds a little drastic.

Many thanks in advance...

jonnie from the midlands

smartaquad

Hi Jonnie,
make sure that the cable conecting MK USB and FC has the red stripe on pins 1.
On the other side its normal that it beeps if the transmiter is of,if you clic on the error message and accept it should stop, if not, turn on the Tx .
Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex, the problem seems to be that the software just cant communicate with it, it says no connection and if i go to the terminal window and try and reset it, again it says no... If I plug all the units together and go in though the debug point on the navctrl it seems to indicate in the terminal window that its a v2.1 but in the main software its got a red square by it and it cant read anything... Am I going to have to buy a new one? urghhhhhh The board itself has a green light and a red light.

Can someone confirm that I should be able to access the board with nothing else plugged in, even the receiver? via the Kopter software. If I had not logged in a couple of days back my machine would still be working, I cant understand how I have damaged it? I had the pins the correct way and i had the jumper off and the lipoly connected. first time fine, second time.. dead. If I had done either wrong could that screw it up|?

thanks again
jonnie

I have mucked around with it, now it wont even light up, I have written it off as a bad lot and going to buy a new one. This in fact could be a good thing as now it means I will understand the setup of it instead of just buying it second hand and never really understanding it.