Hoverfly Down to my last multirotor

Aerovideo

Well after losing video on my HFPro+GPS flagship quad and crashing, then hitting a treebranch with my Home Brew quad and crashing. I'm down to my last assembled multi rotor, a Y6 based on Rusty's Frame parts. I took it out for a little flying last night and it did pretty well considering the wind up in the hills where we were. It's not quite as vibe/jello free as my other setups but the video turned out nice.

I haven't flown a Y6 for quite a while and it handled a lot differently so I was pretty conservative in my flying. Plus there were people walking about. Curiously, I pull about 20amps flying a quad but my Y6 was pulling 30amps for the same type of flying, I realize there are 2 more motors but given similar weights I thought the amp usage would be similar. Anyone else with a Y6 want to share what they are pulling while flying? As a result, I only got about 5 minutes out of a 3000mah 3s pack.

This was carrying a GoPro 2 running Protune at 1080p. The FC is a Hoverfly Sport and I'm using EZUHF and EZOSD for control and info. The motors are some really old 1050kv Turnigy motors I had laying around. They're the first motors I ever purchased :)

I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

The more motors you have the less efficient it becomes. Try a Tricopter next!!!!
Good way to use up your old parts....
I just turned a hexa into two great flying machines.:tennis:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Not a great deal wrong with that.. That does not look like GP2.. did not think they could run pro tune.

I fly Y6. LOVE UM! I would have thought 5 mins on that size pack would be about right.. post some pics and whats the weight of her..

Wish I was in Boise right now, looks better weather than here!

Dave

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Nice video!
I have a rusty's type Y6 running a HF Sport as well. I love that rig, but I also notice around a 20% decrease in flight time over a standard Hex 6.
I think it's the spacing between the rotors not causing a "cushion" of air. But I think this is why a Y6 descends better.

Anyways, can I ask how you had your GoPro mounted? That looks amazing!
I have a decent GoPro mount that sometimes works amazing, and on some days "OK".
The mount was made my the Quietcopter guys and it can work well, but I am always interested in seeing what others are using!

Aerovideo

Here are some photos of my Rusty's Frame Y6 setup. It's based on the Rev8 version of his plates. Round wood booms, Frankenquad rib-bones landing gear, love those things.

View attachment 8528View attachment 8529View attachment 8530

Thanks everyone for the comments!

The Y6 weighs in AUW at 1934g with a 3000mah 3s battery.

I don't know that I would call what I did color grading as I just used FCPX built in "Balance Color" feature and I'm not even sure I did it correctly... hehe ;) But thanks!

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/12mm-gopro-hero-hd-housing-pivot-mount

That's the red boom that my GoPro2 is mounted too.

Attachments

• Y6-1.jpg
    Y6-1.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Y6-2.jpg
    Y6-2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Y6-3.jpg
    Y6-3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 198