1 watt high power LED's for night/day orientation.

tugboat

Hey Thank You Robertsup!!
If you read the comments after the vid I explain the use and size of the resistor's so you can see what the draw and how much, wally world has a nice selection to pick from including lengths and colors.
I will be installing a 1 amp fuse inline today in case there is a short it will not bring the quad down.....
Good Luck!!

Has anyone found a suitable switch to use for turning LED lights off and on in flight? I found one that is compatible with 2S, but since I'm flying 4S, I would like to be able to use the same battery to minimize weight. I was thinking to use a 3 position switch for Off/Bank1/Bank2 so nav lights would be on Bank1 and landing lights on Bank2. I've contacted several of the LED makers - but no one seems to have what I'm looking for. The other issue is making sure that it will handle a high number of LED's (amps).

Dale.

glacier51

Rob:
>I would still rather have a green light on the left and a red on the right.

If you want to be correct for aviation, it's RED left and GREEN right position lights. and a WHITE tail light.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertsUp

Here's the unit described by benchmark months ago:

View attachment 10830

The unit appears to have a big resistor already installed. I ordered that light. Got quick response. It's been shipped.

It'll be affixed to a carbon tube mounted across the rear arms facing backwards. I have an on-off switch suitable for rc. That big resistor means there's less chance the thing will get too hot.

I don't know. I'll have to experiment and see. One thing's for sure. The cops will see that bright light in a minute. LOL Looking forward to talking to an officer about hobbyist UAV,s.

Attachments

• Led01.jpg
    Led01.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Just search for the PoloLU RC switch for 3 and for 5 amp loads.......
https://solarbotics.com/product/17677/

Has anyone found a suitable switch to use for turning LED lights off and on in flight? I found one that is compatible with 2S, but since I'm flying 4S, I would like to be able to use the same battery to minimize weight. I was thinking to use a 3 position switch for Off/Bank1/Bank2 so nav lights would be on Bank1 and landing lights on Bank2. I've contacted several of the LED makers - but no one seems to have what I'm looking for. The other issue is making sure that it will handle a high number of LED's (amps).

Dale.

stauntonflyer

Psychopath Labratories
Nice lights, I went a step further with mine. I installed an arduino board and wrote a simple modified blink program to give it an airplane style "blink blink" pattern. two white leds in the front arms and two blue on the rear arms (blink blink font, blink blink back). I managed to burn up the arduino board after a crash, I think running it above recommended voltage and slamming a tree is more then it wanted. I have a new board with a resistor to lower voltage and will post a pic when I get it re-installed.