F550 won't hover well

Millsy

Hi guys,

Here is a video of my naza hovering, it rises & falls alot. it also seems very twichy.
It's a stock setup with 10' props running 4s lipo
gains are 150,150,130,120
Using futaba 8j transmitter

Naza is all calibrated ok, I have tried lowering the gains but doesn't really seem to make much difference
The video is just with the sticks middled with no throttle input.
http://youtu.be/5fd6CEp3ufY

any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Millsy

VINHEX

Does look like it oscillating to me, could be gains, I would try putting on the 8" Props as well, F550 love the 8" std props but 10" Graupners.. If you haven't upgraded props.. DO SO... DJI Std and not reliable..

Millsy

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I had 8' on before but broke a couple lol.
Just ordered some 10' gruapners what should I have gains set at?

Will the gruapners help the ocilating?

Thanks for your help

VINHEX

The gain settings depend on weight and prop ect. I would set back to default 100 then adjust 10% at a time to get it smooth. I only run mine

This seems to work for me but I've a lot of kit on. You can link gains one at a time to your TX and try to setup while in flight. Page 20 In Manule

Quote:
 If you are a fresh player, you can tune the basic parameters first as following:
1 Increase the basic parameters 10% at a time so as to make your multi-rotor hover or light
oscillate after small angular command input.
2 Decrease the basic parameters until your multi-rotor can just hover, then decrease 10% more.
 Here you can make use of remote gain-tuning channels to tune the gains during the flight:
1 Followed the instructions in Assembly R/C System section to connect and setup correctly;
2 Choose the X1 or X2 channel in Remote Adjust for the gain you want to tune. One channel to
one gain.
3 The range of remote tuning is from half current value to twice current value.
 Usually the Pitch, Roll, Attitude Pitch and Attitude Roll Gains of hexa-rotor are high then quad-rotor.

I'm not a Naza flyer but principle is much the same..

Phil550

The gain settings depend on weight and prop ect. I would set back to default 100 then adjust 10% at a time to get it smooth. I only run mine

This seems to work for me but I've a lot of kit on. You can link gains one at a time to your TX and try to setup while in flight. Page 20 In Manule

Quote:
 If you are a fresh player, you can tune the basic parameters first as following:
1 Increase the basic parameters 10% at a time so as to make your multi-rotor hover or light
oscillate after small angular command input.
2 Decrease the basic parameters until your multi-rotor can just hover, then decrease 10% more.
 Here you can make use of remote gain-tuning channels to tune the gains during the flight:
1 Followed the instructions in Assembly R/C System section to connect and setup correctly;
2 Choose the X1 or X2 channel in Remote Adjust for the gain you want to tune. One channel to
one gain.
3 The range of remote tuning is from half current value to twice current value.
 Usually the Pitch, Roll, Attitude Pitch and Attitude Roll Gains of hexa-rotor are high then quad-rotor.

I'm not a Naza flyer but principle is much the same..

I see from your profile that you're in Herts - where abouts do you fly?

Phil