Hello from Calgary Alberta

greeneggsandsam

Hey there,
So I am really new to the quadcopter scene. Got my first taste when I noticed an AR Parrot Drone in the local Best Buy. So after checking it out online I was stoked but at the same time somewhat disappointed by its limitations. After further surfing and YouTubing I came across the DJI's and have decided I am going to build one of my own starting with the DJI F450 Frame. The end game is going to be aerial photography and I may even go so far as some FPV flights to see just how far I can go. But for now I'll settle with chasing the neighborhood hooligans anround and freaking out the conspriacy theorists.

Here's a wisecrack for ya......or maybe just something to ponder......
If a midget says your hair smells nice is that sexual harassment?

GreenEggs,
I am also from Calgary and migrated from the Blade MQX to the 6 prop FlameWheel F550 about six weeks ago..... but waiting more than 8 weeks for a special controller..... If you are into this primarily as a hobby then the NAZA controller will be a good starting point with much faster delivery or local supply and the price is good. I have a strong preference for DJI-Innovation products myself!

If you are serious about migrating into the commercial or industrial business applications and want a strong future migration path, you can start out with the hexacopter F550 and the more costly WooKong-M with GPS then upgrade several times as required. A word of caution however.... as with most "bleeding edge technologies" there can be some frustration, long waits, etc. you need to be aware of. And watch out for some of the greener sales staff at local hobby shops that will indicate, "the last DJI-Innov order arrived only three days after we ordered it!!!!! Not true........ Most Canadian Hobby shops order from the USA not direct from China. And USA resellers can have issues with service and delivery you need to be aware of.