"Roll of Death" other then when its a s-800

jhardway

I have been reading around the forum on the "flip of death" and I just trying to gather if this has happened to anyone other then those who have been flying the s800.

I am just wondering if its only the 800 then, why? and how could that be chased back to a specific model and a firmware issue??

Dewster

Even after reading DJI's answer I can only assume the the larger craft produce more vibration. The vibration combined with the firmware bug on the larger craft produce the Flip of Death. I would think that it would affect all craft regardless of size.

jhardway

no I read the dji release, but like Dewster mentioned I just curious why it is not happening with other craft, or is it. I guess what i am wondering is along with finding the firmware bug ???? is DJI still having issues with the ESC's somehow. I guess we will find out as people get their compasses back and see if we hear more.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It's simple, the Chinese have a secret plan to overthrow our government by selling us crap mass produced drones. And we will go broke buying them and eventually kill ourselves flying them. DJI will be solely responsible for WW3! Kidding :)

02deuce

Time Warped
I have been reading around the forum on the "flip of death" and I just trying to gather if this has happened to anyone other then those who have been flying the s800.

I am just wondering if its only the 800 then, why? and how could that be chased back to a specific model and a firmware issue??
Yes it happened to me on an F550 with out a heavy load when I switched out of waypoints mode into pause mode I rotated the F550 360 degrees switched back into continue waypoint mode, the aircraft started to rotate out of control. I could not gain control by either waypoints or by my TX. After about 1 minutes of uncontrolled flight it just flipped over and return to earth the hard way. I did fly the F550 numerious times after the crash without any problems.
Needless to say my GPS did fall into the recall guideline as it was only 4 weeks old and is currently in for repairs.

DennyR

Long before DJI came up with the cause and solution I posted that switching rapidly from Atti to GPS could induce the FOD in test conditions even with the old style GPS unit. Since that time I take off in Atti and do not switch to any other mode. everything disabled in the Assistant. So far no problems in over 100 flights. S800 with modified arms and props.