new old guy from long island new york

bobf

hi guys my name is bob and i found this site after i bought a dji naza 450 quad. im not new to the rc hobby i fly nitro and electric planes and helicopters (still trying to get past hovering to foward flight) so i says to my self i need more stress in my life, i am going to buy a quad how hard can it be. now i have assembled many heli kits through the years, that part i have down and this kit was a pleasure to put together, the quality is very good no fighting to line anything up. but would it kill them to have a small amount of starter info in the well packed kit. at first i had problems with the software as i see on this site im not alone, i even bought a new usb card for my old computer.after going crazy and trying on 4 different computers uninstalling the drivers and assistant ,looking at videos i finally found my problem one of the bec wires was in the wrong port the picture is a little vague on the wiring diagram . after that the assistant started to work and i was a happy person. i want to thank the guy from aerial media pro for helping me find were i went wrong on my wiring by his video.i still have alot to learn but every day i learn something new and today i took it out for 2nd attempt, (after 1st i had props on backwards) and lifted up with no problem and stable enough to stay with not much correction and my cat was 5 feet away watching usely when i have my 450 t-rex heli out he runs for the hills.so this is a great place to be with all the information and make the impossible possible and my old brain will keep sharp trying to sort out all this new technoligy. now on to learn more about new dx8 radio and get quad settings better thanks