Cinestar 2-axis gimbal on DJI F550

I currently have a DJI F550, and would like to mount Cinestar's 2-axis gimbal onto it. I was wondering if any has done this yet? If so, how was the end result. OR if anyone who own's the Cinestar gimbal can tell me if they think it'd be possible. Thank you!

Bowley

I am planning to mount one on a Vulcan 900 hexa, from what I can see, I will have to devise some kind of vibration absorbing setup as I wont be able to use the vibration absorbing gear that interfaces the CS Gimbal to CS frame.

Bowley

Bowley: Thanks for the info! Did you purchase the mounting plate as well? Cinestar advised that I'd have to order that because it doesn't come with the kit.

No but since you mention it, I'll check it out and see if It looks feasible to fit the mounting plate.
The CS 2X is about 700g, + camera... might be a little heavy for a 550 with 10" props, best to be on 4s if your going to try.
I dont think you can drill out the F550 bottom plate can you? for integrating the mounting plate.
Hopefully I'll be OK with the Vulcan 8" CF hub plates.

Last edited by a moderator:

No but since you mention it, I'll check it out and see if It looks feasible to fit the mounting plate.
The CS 2X is about 700g, + camera... might be a little heavy for a 550 with 10" props, best to be on 4s if your going to try.
I dont think you can drill out the F550 bottom plate can you? for integrating the mounting plate.
Hopefully I'll be OK with the Vulcan 8" CF hub plates.

You bring up EXCELLENT points of which I'm so glad I asked. I completely forgot that the lower board is integrated and definitely canNOT drill into it. Well, technically I can, but at a certain cost. Also, 700g plus camera is possible with the f550, but i'd probably be risking a loss in thrust. What FC are you using? I currently have the Naza which works great for stills. Definitely want a Wookong for the CS 2x.

Bowley

You bring up EXCELLENT points of which I'm so glad I asked. I completely forgot that the lower board is integrated and definitely canNOT drill into it. Well, technically I can, but at a certain cost. Also, 700g plus camera is possible with the f550, but i'd probably be risking a loss in thrust. What FC are you using? I currently have the Naza which works great for stills. Definitely want a Wookong for the CS 2x.

I have a couple of Naza's also. not sure what I'm going to use on my new build, its going to have to do a CS gimbal justice, so I think I'll reconsider my original Naza GPS plans.
Probably go with Hoverfly and Radian or Ardupilot.
Agree with you on the Naza. Although its very very good in many respects I really just do AP with it.

Kari

I tried AV130 with F550 and found out it very difficult to get rid of vibrations enough. Even AV130 feels quite much too heavy to lift with 10X5 graupners and 4S. IMO F550 is just not suitable for any serous video usage, go pro playing only. Why not buy decent frame with decent vibration dampening if already spending at least couple of k€ to aircraft.

Bowley

I tried AV130 with F550 and found out it very difficult to get rid of vibrations enough. Even AV130 feels quite much too heavy to lift with 10X5 graupners and 4S. IMO F550 is just not suitable for any serous video usage, go pro playing only. Why not buy decent frame with decent vibration dampening if already spending at least couple of k€ to aircraft.

I think the material the DJI frames are made of transmits vibes very efficiently. never had as much trouble with vibes than with my 450 and 330.

Kari

Yes. If like to go cheap with frame for example rustys frames are much much better choise and allows some additional payload compared to dji plastics.