Cinestar 8 FC

aebiagio

Hi, I'm waiting my CS8 and I'm undecided about with flight controller to use..... Mikrokopter, Wookong, Hoverfly.... somewhere I've readen that wookong doesen't work very well with cs8, instead works great with cs6.... what do u think? I need to fly with prof cameras.
thank u for your suggestion....

aebiagio

Thank u for your suggestions.... I will go for HF, have u experienced Hoverfly FC with HF GPS?
I will user KW8, witch ESCS would you suggest?
thanks

PaNt

Thank u for your suggestions.... I will go for HF, have u experienced Hoverfly FC with HF GPS?
I will user KW8, witch ESCS would you suggest?
thanks
I havenot tried HF GPS>.. the ALT hold is so good that i dont nee something else..!

Also gennerally i dont trust these GPS s...!! Check on my video how good it holds tha alt without gps but with a barometric sensor...! Its great and think that i am new to MRs..!

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

I fly an SJ8, I use MK...but now wish I had gone for hoverfly to be 100% honest with you. In fact I'm also considering thier gimbal stabilisation controller as well!

Ross

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I fly an SJ8, I use MK...but now wish I had gone for hoverfly to be 100% honest with you. In fact I'm also considering thier gimbal stabilisation controller as well!

Ross

Hi Ross,
It's still something of a challenge to do big heli's with the MK system. Is yours very stable with the I2c to PWM converter? I actually put my converter to use on a small quad with a spare MK controller and it had the wobbles, same as the first time I used it....but.....I threw two additional batteries on it (2.5 lbs more weight) and the wobbles went away. Pretty strange. It seems to me that the wobbles are a bit of over-controlling going on and the extra weight damped it out.
Maybe?

as to the OP's question, I'm building a second HFP based XY8 fwiw.

Bart

Macsgrafs

Hi Ross,
It's still something of a challenge to do big heli's with the MK system. Is yours very stable with the I2c to PWM converter? I actually put my converter to use on a small quad with a spare MK controller and it had the wobbles, same as the first time I used it....but.....I threw two additional batteries on it (2.5 lbs more weight) and the wobbles went away. Pretty strange. It seems to me that the wobbles are a bit of over-controlling going on and the extra weight damped it out.
Maybe?

as to the OP's question, I'm building a second HFP based XY8 fwiw.

Bart

I do occasionally here a motor spin up for no apparent reason, she can be a bit twitchy unless I have my 40D on board, so yes the extra weight does indeed smooth her out. When PH reply to my emails, I will get the AV200 & RSGS & give her another try.

Ross

Mactadpole

Hi, I'm waiting my CS8 and I'm undecided about with flight controller to use..... Mikrokopter, Wookong, Hoverfly.... somewhere I've readen that wookong doesen't work very well with cs8, instead works great with cs6.... what do u think? I need to fly with prof cameras.
thank u for your suggestion....

Are you wanting to do any waypoint flying? If so, MK is the way to go.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Hoverfly Pro! I'm gonna be gettign another one here myself and swapping out the DJI stuff for them in the future. Just predictable and buttery smooth without the headache of having to make precision gain adjustments.

Kari

Vote for YS-X6 if you take that in count. Like it much more smooth and rigid in Cinestar 6 than wkm, not any kind of issues so far and works great with big props and big payload, and lots of very good features in entry level package. But i really like to try HF pro too with HF gps, but only concern is how is autolevel and gps performance these days? I need them both working well for single man operation.

Vote for YS-X6 if you take that in count. Like it much more smooth and rigid in Cinestar 6 than wkm, not any kind of issues so far and works great with big props and big payload, and lots of very good features in entry level package. But i really like to try HF pro too with HF gps, but only concern is how is autolevel and gps performance these days? I need them both working well for single man operation.

I haven't tried HF GPS, but autolevel works great these days. The fine tuning you can do in software is really nice.

aebiagio

Thank u to everyone, I will go for Hoverfly. I would like to see some videos with gps too because we usually fly very far so I think it would be usefull. At this time we don't need waypoint, we will need it next spring. I don't have experience in multirotors, I was planning to buy KW8 Motors, witch ESCS do you suggest with Hoverfly?