WKM 5.14a Problems?

apeman88

What is the difference (in application, features and etc) between the old and new WKM? Is this mainly for the S800 where you need to use the new WKM? When does it matter? Confused in the difference and when new is needed vs the old. Thanks!

Ken

CineRebel

Hi guys,

does anyone have had some issues with WKM 5.14a octo setup with S-Bus?

We just received a new FC from our dealer. Setup everything and started! after taking of in Atti mode and opening the retracts the SKYJIB start climbing realy fast! After a small heart attack we managed to land in GPS mode. but it seemed just weired.

do you guys have had a problem like this? as we just switched from graupner to futaba s-bus did we missed anything?

cheers

pokmon

I hawe two identical crashes. Hexacopter flies without problems. On 50 meters of height, it howers for about 6-7 minutes, and then I the hexa starts flying towards the ground. After about 5 seconds one of the motors shuts down. The hexa becomes unresponsive. Even the "Course lock" option dosen't help. A hard landing is imminent…
We pick up the hexa and turn off/on the power. All of the engines work… Then i take off and the hexa works and hower like nothing happened.

With older firmware I don´t have any problems!!
I don't have the guts to fly with a hexa like this…

My setup:

Hexacopter X6
WookongM / firmware 5.14
Motor 6x Turnigy PropDrive 35-36/910 Kv
ESC 6x DJI 30A Opto
Prop APC 12x3,8
Battery 2 pack, 4S 5000 mAh
Video TX 5.8 Ghz, 600 mV
Camera Canon 550D
Total weight aprox 4.500 g
icon-status-online.png

apeman88

A buddy and I both on WKM 5.14 with CX4 are grounded until new firmware is available. On our crashes which happened within a few days of each other, we first thought it was the ESC overheating... but the more we read, the we think it's firmware. No way to confirm but DJI seem to also think there is something wrong with tier firmware so we wait and see. I don't mind crashing when I know the reason and can fix and prevent it from happening again. It's the unknown that I hate.

Ken

pokmon

X6 enhanced features "Attitude controllable when one power output failed" on 5.14 firmware not work too. When one of the motors shuts down, the hexa becomes unresponsive. Even the "Course lock" option dosen't help.
DJI wake up!! I am not test pilot for DJI "beta" firmware.

just when I was thinking up going from my 5.14a to 5.14..:( my 5.14a is staring to behave weird. flying 6 flights with no physical adjustments and no software gains change, all 6 flights seems like the gains are like a moving target. 1 flight would act as if the gains were low.. slow and sluggish in response and during same flight, it may change to quick and jitter alot. I have all my gains set on INH.. so no controls should be moving it.

I also check batteries.. all cells are good. Arggg! I have not change or alter the s800 or WKM physically or on the software.. what could it be?

checking props now.. Wouldn't the props have same flight patterns throughout the whole flight?

KS

Jits

Soon to go to 5.14 on my skyjib so weather permitting I will let you know how it goes...

Since moving to 5.14 it has taken a little while to find the right gains but happy with the performance now and poi and rth all functioning better than 5.12a.

Dewster

I use AVROTO Motors 2814/11s. I noticed when I had them on my quad and tested the WKM on an earlier firmware that the motors were pretty warm and even hot on one occasion. Then the problem went away. These were motors from my Hexa that survived a crash. I built a Y6 and purchased new AVROTO motors and have no problems on 5.14a. My craft is heavy and I have 11 inch blades running on a 3s. The motors and esc are slightly warm after hover testing. I've also flown it some distance and have landed it with cool motors. I think the weight of the craft and prop size could be a factor on your craft. What does 5.14a do to keep the craft level now. Is it forcing the motors to work harder to maintain stable flight?