Z15 is incredible!

Zzr

I recently put Z15 on my S800 and flight time about 9 min. Z15 is incredible!
Zenmuse Z15 with sony NEX-5N 16mm len.
ZiPPY 6s 8000mAh
Spektrum DX18 and JR 9303.
Set with Orientation-locked control.

Last edited by a moderator:

fritz99

I agree absolutely !!!!!!

S800 and Z15 is also for me the best system I have ever flown.
And I have flown many others.

Fritz

fritz99

Another very fact :

My flight time with S800, Z15 and Sony NEX-5n and LIPO 5S 8000mah is ( all together very heavy ) :

12 minutes and I only used only 7000mah.

Incredible.

Fritz

3dheliguy

Yeah its to bad it only takes the Sony Nex5 and 7, leaving me with a void for cameras, and the lenses are of the poor quality. Ugh I cant bring myself to purchase this system for that kind of money when you cant pick and choose what camera and lense you want for the scene your trying to shoot.

Bowley

What makes it so specific? ie why cant you just put, say, a Canon EOS M on it? I know the Z15 is balanced for the specific camera but surely a slight difference would not be that critical if it was a similar weight and size.

If you were to contact DJI and say, I want such and such a camera on it perhaps they could balance it for that camera.
If the camera is within the weight and size envelope for the gimbal surely it can be mounted.
Just asking the question!

3dheliguy

Nope, I have already tryed, and they dont setup for any other camera besides the Sony nex Series, and the GH2.. With only a very specific lense configurations, and they are cheap glass lense such as the 18mm pancake lens for the Sony series, but they will be able in the near future set up for the M mount Biogon by Zeiss, but the lens cost a 1000 dollars or more, and its still not even close to full size sensor. The smaller the Censor the smaller the amount of Data in the editing process that you can us to creat effects. Dont even get me started on the GH2 Gimbal that was supposed to come out Ugh that would have been nicer, but then again its limited to whatever lense they want to support.

Its the best gimbal out there, just not really a viable option for professional quality stuff... and many people want to us full size Censor application for editing leaving the sony series out of luck. Dont get me worng I believe this to be hands down the best gimbal, just not for what Im trying to do. I would recomend this to anybody looking to get into MR, and wanting instant results for there medium size wallet.

Just leaves something to be desired, I wish that I could us this gimbal but could actually just bolt on any lense I wanted, but that just isnt the case, but by all means give them a call and ask them for yourself.

3dheliguy

O and the balance for these setup for lenses and what not need to be spot on to get the best results from this gimbal.. Thats why they are built after you order them, and im sure you could jerry rig a different camera, and im seeing that, but it takes alot of work none of witch I want to do for that size camera.

There working on a bigger gimbal right now, but its going to be awhile before we see that... Rest assured if its not 10,000 dollars I will be purchasing it.

Great stuff tho love the vids I see from it.

Bowley

I'm hearing ya 3d. when I look at the Z15 I get the very same feeling I did when checking out the Asctec F8 system
Its good and I know it works very well, but its expensive, and more than that its the fact of being so tied in. everything gets superceded and yeah the Nex5 is good but it might not be so good in comparison to what sony bring out next year, then your stuck with a $3000 gimbal that will only carry an outdated camera. That is my concern, longevity, or currency, or whatever you might call it.

3dheliguy

Yeaaaahhhh!!! I wish I could justify that kind of money for such a system, but im not made of money and if your planning to be part of a booming industry in the next year or two then you got to make the right decisions now, and get with the program witch is Diversity.

As for the Wookong M, and DJI... Well they are going to be the only game in town soon mark my words... they are already the most divers company out there, and they have been doing this for awhile so I will be awating many more creations from them, with there WKM as the leader in this.

Zzr

Hi Fritz99.
1080p convert to 720p uploaded youtube. This was my first time flown my S800 with Z15.

Another very fact :

My flight time with S800, Z15 and Sony NEX-5n and LIPO 5S 8000mah is ( all together very heavy ) :

12 minutes and I only used only 7000mah.

Incredible.

Fritz

DennyR

I get about 14 mins with a 11Amp MaxAmps lipo. I also rebalanced the gimbal to take the standard (Nex-7) Zoom 18-55. It is usually locked at 24 mm. But it can also work at 55 with a slight rebalance. I did once get a overheat message come up at the end of the flight which shut the camera down. But it's often 40 deg. heat at this time of the year. Everything black gets hot in direct sunlight. It is best to keep the model under a reflective cover before each flight. Their are 5 plains of balance adjustment on the Zenmuse. All are required. I cant see any reason why a Canon M could not be fitted with a 40 mm lens and a new/modified baseplate. Because DJI don't want to do it with the pressure of work load, it does not mean that it cant be done. The danger from their perspective is that people will screw up and then blame DJI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzr

Thanks for info. What compare Sony Nex or Canon M? DJI have plan for new lipo 15Amp?

I get about 14 mins with a 11Amp MaxAmps lipo. I also rebalanced the gimbal to take the standard (Nex-7) Zoom 18-55. It is usually locked at 24 mm. But it can also work at 55 with a slight rebalance. I did once get a overheat message come up at the end of the flight which shut the camera down. But it's often 40 deg. heat at this time of the year. Everything black gets hot in direct sunlight. It is best to keep the model under a reflective cover before each flight. Their are 5 plains of balance adjustment on the Zenmuse. All are required. I cant see any reason why a Canon M could not be fitted with a 40 mm lens and a new/modified baseplate. Because DJI don't want to do it with the pressure of work load, it does not mean that it cant be done. The danger from their perspective is that people will screw up and then blame DJI.

Zzr

Thanks for sharing. Sonnar 24mm F1.8 ZA is best one but length 2.6" will block from board when power on. Does it adjust the bracket and calibrate? Why not DJI software device choose for kind of lens?

Z15 with Nex5N and 16mm pancake:
https://vimeo.com/46583470

Z15 with Nex5N and 18-55mm stock lens (used between 18 and 24mm)
https://vimeo.com/46941213

Z15 with Nex5N and 19mm Sigma (only useable with MF, but my favorite)
https://vimeo.com/48369832

This is not recommended by DJI (but possible). Hope to get my 24mm soon.

best regards

Ferdinand

FerdinandK

@Zzr
When I receive my 24mm Sonnar (will take some more weeks), I will for sure post some video. The stock lens has 62mm lenght, the 24mm has 65mm, and comparable weight. Since I already mounted the stock lens (without problems) I am confident, that also the 24mm will work.

best regards

Ferdinand

meme

One Zenmuse but choose for 4 different model camera already calibrated.

Thanks, i see now. Decided to go with s800/Z15. The Problem is, i cannot find a Z15 for Nex5 in whole Europe :) Found some Nex7- Gimbals but i prefer the 5 fpr Video.
Any idea when dealers will have it back in Stock?

Zzr

Cool! Give us update that how u will rebalance with 24mm for set. Then post video will be great/help! Thanks

@Zzr
When I receive my 24mm Sonnar (will take some more weeks), I will for sure post some video. The stock lens has 62mm lenght, the 24mm has 65mm, and comparable weight. Since I already mounted the stock lens (without problems) I am confident, that also the 24mm will work.

best regards

Ferdinand