Hoverfly HOVERFLY PRO/GPS FIRMWARE RELEASE: v4.3.860

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Click the link I posted. Then click install. If you click launch, you won't be able to use the application offline.

george,
from which link? install or launch? i've tried both and it hasn't made a difference.
thanks,
bart

Stacky

Just one short hop in dead calm conditions. I didnt notice anything new in the way my Hexa flew.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormRU

i did one indoor test in my garage. it was ok. then i took it outside. it was windy. The ship bacame unstable and uncontrollable after 2 seconds of flight. crashed it. did 4 more tests. same results both in manual and AL modes

PaNt

i did one indoor test in my garage. it was ok. then i took it outside. it was windy. The ship bacame unstable and uncontrollable after 2 seconds of flight. crashed it. did 4 more tests. same results both in manual and AL modes

Oooo.. :( :( A lot of damage?

I wont put this version 802 is great !!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
storm,

i made fourteen flights over the course of two days in breezy conditions with excellent stability and consistent performance. the purpose of the flights was to tune my camera mount.

bart

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
The purpose is to add the GPS features. If you want position hold and return to home, you need the gps board. HFP is flies incredibly well without it however. Lots of people don't use GPS at all. I personally only have it for failsafe purposes. When I'm shooting I'm always flying in manual. In your picture you do not have the GPS board connected correctly. It's upside down.

mdjohnson

So are there some constructive comments on .860?? I was just flying my Y6 this weekend on .820 and I cannot see any reason to upgrade. .820 is working REALLY well for me so far.

Cheers

MJ

jcmonty

So are there some constructive comments on .860?? I was just flying my Y6 this weekend on .820 and I cannot see any reason to upgrade. .820 is working REALLY well for me so far.

Cheers

MJ

Honestly, I was in the same boat as you. However, I trust the HF team, and they said that this upgrade corrected some flaws. Heck, 4.3.802 isn't even an option anymore on the firmware client.

I probably have 10-12 flights now on .860 with no issues and same performance as .802. I can't tell the difference

yeehaanow

Just maidened a heavy CS6, and other than nearly crapping my pants on the first flight with the gains WAY to low, it flies quite awesome. Started with the latest .860 firmware. 3rd flight I added the gimbal and camera and had to turn down the gains a bit, but the performance in wind and while descending was quite a nice surprise. Only 3 flights so far, but this thing is looking very promising. Coming form DJI, I really like the ease of tuning the HFP with one gain.
Using tiger 400kv motors, CC ice50 (way overkill, as full power climbs maxed at 9 amps per motor), apc 14x4.7 props, 6S 5000 battery. Motors and esc barely warm on a cool day after 10 min flight. Battery was a bit warm.

PaNt

Just maidened a heavy CS6, and other than nearly crapping my pants on the first flight with the gains WAY to low, it flies quite awesome. Started with the latest .860 firmware. 3rd flight I added the gimbal and camera and had to turn down the gains a bit, but the performance in wind and while descending was quite a nice surprise. Only 3 flights so far, but this thing is looking very promising. Coming form DJI, I really like the ease of tuning the HFP with one gain.
Using tiger 400kv motors, CC ice50 (way overkill, as full power climbs maxed at 9 amps per motor), apc 14x4.7 props, 6S 5000 battery. Motors and esc barely warm on a cool day after 10 min flight. Battery was a bit warm.

When you did the update you did the setup again?? Calibrations etc??

HF TEAM pls tell us about the calibrations
Thx..!

yeehaanow

I was doing the setup for the first time, so yes, it was fresh.
I did the calibrations too. Weird thing was I clicked on the calibration begin button to poke around and it would not let me out of it without first going through each step, even though the orientations were wrong. It said calibration successful at the end! Then figured I outta redo it the right way.
Gotta say I prefer the arming and startup procedure of the HF. Nice to give a smooth start to the motors and not turn them off unless I want them off.

Photronix

Pilot
You should not need to redo calibrations unless we specify this in the release notes.

Keep in mind you should first check out under the PRO and GPS info tabs to see if the calibration checks are present.

PROs being shipped out I the last few months come with factory accel and gyro temp calibrations already done. Don't redo them

PaNt

You should not need to redo calibrations unless we specify this in the release notes.

Keep in mind you should first check out under the PRO and GPS info tabs to see if the calibration checks are present.

PROs being shipped out I the last few months come with factory accel and gyro temp calibrations already done. Don't redo them

I orderes it 3 months ago but the calibtations were not ticked and i did them again....

So the only think i have to do is to flash the new firmware... I am asking because i new and i am anxious of i forget something..!!

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
We have an X-8 carrying a T2i camera on a fixed/ adjustable angle mount. Once I start seeing reliable gimbal shots from other people we will likely goto a gimbal.