F550 Wookong-M What are your basic gains?

VINHEX

I have started a topic rolling back to 5.8, when i did this I changed the basic gains as well. Now I'm not sure if it was the gains that made it better or the software :tennis:

I've never messed around with Basic gains as all new to me. Would love to fully understand what happens even though reading the manual..

1: What have users set there' too ?

2: ANYONE running total 100% with no changes?

Should I push forward to 5.12a again and change the gains.. O on upgrading do you guys put the gains that you had originally or re-calibrate...

Davidhippo

Hi Vin, How did you get on with playing with your gain settings? I've just test flown my F550/WKM which I've spent the last couple of weeks building. Would appreciate any heads up you can give me on Gain set up.

Thanks

VINHEX

Hi David,
I'm messing around with them this weekend. Going to try using the remote gains setting so tweaking while flying. Once done will send update on what I did to make her fly better.

I've upgraded to 5.14 as not being a BETA I would hope this is a stable upgrade. It was flying quite stable with 100% default but I know this can get even smoother. I was always worried about decent as it would come down in it's own rotor wash, when I adjusted the gains and it descended without any yaw and was so smooth..

Watch this space..

Davidhippo

Good luck with it Vin, I've just gone over to 5.14 as well, hopefully going to get out with mine tomorrow morning. Will be interesting to compare notes.

mmurfitt

I have a F550 NAZA which I recently built, I've only flown it twice, the second time unfortunately resulted in a crash which snapped two arms. I've made repairs and am now thinking about the gain settings to try and make the hexa a little less twitchy.
When I take off it launches forward so quite a bit of throttle is needed to get it in the air, I then have to take a lot of throttle off to stop it shooting up too high, but then it starts to plummet...and so it goes on.
I'd love it if it just took off, rather than 'launched' as for a newbie this is proving quite a handful to control.
I originally set my gains, after reading a post here somewhere, to 120 across the board with the two Altitude gain boxes set to 130.
I think I'll set them all back to the default and start from there..
I'll be interested to see how you boys get on though..

swisser

mmurfitt - gain changes of the type you're talking about won't make much difference. In fact, for basic flight people put way too much emphasis on gain settings. I've got a video somewhere which shows an F450 Naza being flown with all the basic gains set to values between 50 and 250 and it basically flies fine right across the range, it's just a bit twitchy at the higher end. I note you're in London, as am I. If you want some hands-on advice I don't mind meeting up for a flight, if that would help.

VINHEX

Didn't mange to get a flight in.. GUTTED but hopefully weather permitting will do this weekend and let you know.

Vin
DJI F550
DJI WKM
DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz
3s 3300
3s 5000
Aeroxcraft Landing Gear
Graupner 10x5 e-Props

Stock F550 and WKM on pitch and roll i'm on 210 and yaw is 170 and vertical is 180. Attitude is 100. I'm not sure if my gain of in 200s is normal but the hex is flying good. I too am eager to know what is the gains everyone's flying at? Oh ya btw i use a 4s 5000mah with 10" graupners.